AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in another forum and received no comments.

Looking for advice on the following proposed connection:

Yamaha HTR-5890 - used for HT connected through Zone 2 out for 2 channel distributed whole home audio via Russound CAA66. Line out from CAA66 for additional amplification to Yamaha HTR-5920 connected to 4- 8ohm speakers, parallel wired.

Currently, the 5920 is a connected via zone line in on the CAA66 only.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I don't see a problem with this configuration.

It sounds like you're taking the zone2 output from one receiver and using it as a souce input on the CAA66 and then using another Yamaha AVR to power additional speakers in one of the zones?

The biggest problem with this is that you may not be taking advantage of the additional source inputs on the CAA66? Do you have the HTR-5890 connected soley to use the AM/FM tuner as a source, or do you have all your other "sources" connecte to it to? If so, you'd always have to control the 5890 to determine what is playing opn the zone 2 outputs which kind of defeats the ability to easily change sources from the Russound keypads...

I don't really understand your last sentence? Is the 5920 connected to one of the zone OUTPUTS on zone 1 or 2 of the CAA66?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Additional components are connected directly to the CAA66 (not through the 5890). The 5890 is used for the AM/FM Tuner. Re last sentence..Currently the other receiver acts as a Tuner only and is just a line in on the CAA66. The plan is to use one receiver as a source and the other as an amplifier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts