AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I doubt that anyone will be able to give me a decent answer on this but I figured that I would ask...

I recently have ordered and received a 50ft RCA/RCA component cable from bettercables to run from my soon to be recieved Sharp 9000 to my stereo rack. At the time I ordered it, I was planing to run it directly to my Integra 989 output. However, I am now seriously considering/planning to get an NRS to handle my DVD and DSS material. However, the NRS uses BNC connectors.

So option #1 (the easiest) is to simply get some BNC/RCA adapters. This lets me run it until the NRS gets here and doesn't require me dealing with a return a reorder of a custom cable...Sounds great to me. However, how much is the adapter goingt to hurt me? Seems silly to spend real $$$ on a cable and then throw an adapter on the end which isn't the same quality (does anyone recommend a particular coupler?)

Or is this a non-issue since the real issue is the run and not the connector on the end?

Opinions?

-Jon

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
The RCA to BNC adaptors will do no harm. An RCA connector was never designed for video frequencies anyway let alone HDTV bandwidth. If you want to be a purist the whloe system should be BNC connectors. For HDTV they should be 75ohm types and they also make 50ohm connectors.

But don't worry, the RCA's will work fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.