AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I know this might sound like a dumb question. Right now I have a comcast cable box, tv with only coaxle, vcr and an xbox. I also have a switch box going between all of these. The problem I have is not all of the channels come in clear. Especially the local channels. My setup is so:

wall jack to splitter

two coaxles are in the splitter

one goes to the comcast box

other goes to the vcr

then I have another coaxle going from the vcr/tv spot on the back of the comcast box going to the back of the switch box.

Then I have another coaxle going from the switchbox to the tv

Then I have av cords from the xbox and vcr going to the back of the switchbox.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
16 Posts
First of all, have you tried disconnecting all the extra stuff, just connecting the cable box to the tv, and seeing if the problem persists? If the problem persists, your issue is probably before the box. If the problem goes away, your issue is probably some kind of connection issue after the box.

P.S. It's coaxial, not coaxle, by the way :)

·
Registered
23,682 Posts
I'm sorry, why is it any concern of yours what people use in their homes?

Your "slogans" and repetitious comments have become quite annoying IMO.

·
Registered
23,682 Posts
Analog boy? LOL!!! I was digital years ago... and still use analog too and enjoy.

What makes you think I use W95 and what does that have to do with the thread? Put down your crack pipe, idiot.

·
Registered
23,682 Posts
Not even a close analogy. Still... you should NOT concern yourself with what others use for their video entertainment. Your obsession with this will eventually put you in an early grave.

And... I'd be willing to bet that there are still plenty of W95, 98, NT and 2000 users still out there.

Now... either "assist" the OP or stop your hijacking of threads with nonsense. Thanks!

·
Registered
23,682 Posts
Not nitpicking. The OP still wants to use a VCR. Simple as that! And there's not a darned thing YOU can do about it! LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for sticking up for me. I still use a vcr not because I want to but because I can't afford to go to a dvr and I have to tape alot of shows because I am not home. Some people don't have the money that miniz has. But can anyone still help with my problem?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
DVR's don't cost much! You can rent them for near nothing from your cable company. Work 1 extra hour per month to cover the added cost to your bill. If you are recording a lot of stuff then a DVR is perfect for you.

·
Registered
907 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman214 /forum/post/0

Thank you for sticking up for me. I still use a vcr not because I want to but because I can't afford to go to a dvr and I have to tape alot of shows because I am not home. Some people don't have the money that miniz has. But can anyone still help with my problem?

The splitter or the switchbox are causing interference.

Simplify the run by going wall>cable box>vcr>tv.

Swap the coax from the vcr with the xbox rf coax when you use the xbox.

That is the cheapest,simplest,and least hassling solution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniz /forum/post/0

DVR's don't cost much! You can rent them for near nothing from your cable company. Work 1 extra hour per month to cover the added cost to your bill. If you are recording a lot of stuff then a DVR is perfect for you.

thanks i never thought of that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.