AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite several searches on this site (and elsewhere), it's still not clear to me whether or not this item (see link) will do what I want.

Basically, I have a Denon audio receiver which accepts remote control signals fine if you are within a 20-degree viewing angle. Unfortunately, our furniture is positioned so that the main sofa is at a 30-40 degree angle. The Denon is located behind our entertainment center's glass cabinet door, but I've tried keeping the door open and the Denon still doesn't "see" the signals.

I don't need room-to-room or wireless extenders, I just need a small device that can be positioned at a better angle which can accept remote control signals and route them to the Denon.

Will this device meet my needs, or is there more to it than just a cable with a sensor?

Link

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Your link is to just one piece of the solution. You would still need a hub and IR receiver. You need a complete IR repeater solution like the Hot Link Pro ( www.hot-link.com ) or, since you're in the same room, even an IR pyramid type solutionfrom Radio Shack might work fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC
Your link is to just one piece of the solution. You would still need a hub and IR receiver. You need a complete IR repeater solution like the Hot Link Pro or, since you're in the same room, even an IR pyramid type solutionfrom Radio Shack might work fine.
I see. So is there such a thing as a small "receiver" which simply passes the remote's signals along a cable and into the Stereo Receiver? The cable would plug into my Denon's "Remote In" jack. Or does a "transmitter" have to be involved as well? I'm trying to avoid pyramids and would like something inconspicuous. Thanks...

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
For a receiving eye to work, it needs to be powered from some source. So, they all have a hub or control box to receive and output the signal. A crude comparison is to think of it as an antenna that needs to be attached to a radio and a speaker to work. You could do it with an eye, hub and wired connection to your Denon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.