Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff,

welcome! You will not need to run any new cables when making the transition. You would only need to run a new cable if you were to add another receiver. The oval dish comes with a switch that has four outputs. You will have two extra outputs for future expansion if you desire. That is it and good luck with your new hd!

------------------

Kipp

IS THAT A REMOTE CONTROL IN YOUR POCKET OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE HDTV?

·
Registered
46 Posts
On the back of the ellip dish there is a multiswitch that combines the signals from both 101 and 119 (HD) sats. into 1 line. If you already have the RG6 wiring from your current dish setup you will be able to use what you have. The switch that comes with the ellip dish allows for two different receivers to be run at the same time.

Hope this helps!!

------------------

Denon 2801 Receiver

M&K 125 Speakers

Panasonic CT36HX40

Sony TIVO Receiver

Sony Sat-HD100

RCA Sat Receiver

Sony DVD Player

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for your responses. I was worried that if I currently am running 2 lines from the dual LNB oval, then in the future I would be running 4 lines (2 from each LNB) from the elliptical from one side of the house to the other. Or some other crazy scheme.

Now all I have to do is decide on the receiver. Not many stores in the Milwaukee area stock them. Will have to make a purchase without getting a test-drive or model comparison.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for your responses. I was worried that if I currently am running 2 lines from the dual LNB oval, then in the future I would be running 4 lines (2 from each LNB) from the elliptical from one side of the house to the other. Or some other crazy scheme.

Now all I have to do is decide on the receiver. Not many stores in the Milwaukee area stock them. Will have to make a purchase without getting a test-drive or model comparison.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drive down to Tweeter in Vernon Hills,Il or ABT in Il only an hour drive and check out what they have to offer.

------------------

Kipp

IS THAT A REMOTE CONTROL IN YOUR POCKET OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE HDTV?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am ready to upgrade my Direct TV system to a HD receiver. Currently running dual LNB to 2 receivers. Going to replace 1 receiver with HD and change dish from oval to elliptical. What are the changes to cables from outside? I currently have 2 lines running from outside dish into my home. Does this change with the elliptical dish? Someone told me I will have to have 4 lines running into my home with the new dish. I have enough coaxial cable running through my home already, I hate to have more. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.