AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of finishing the framing portion of my basement HT and want to create a central location for future upgrade of my current cable + 5 way splitter situation. Once completed, I plan to get Dish Network and I want access to satellite and local HDTV channels either via my DSS or UHF rooftop antenna. I also want the ability to distribute all signals to 5 locations in my home.

My basement is the only one slated for HDTV currently but an additional room may be upgraded later.

My question is: Where can I find the "network box" or "distribution panel" that I can install in my rough framing and then have access to all of the necessary hardware.....splitters, modulators, amplifiers etc... Does HD or Lowe's sell these type of access panels that could mount between studs that are 16"on center?

I want to achieve a professional appearance install on a do-it-yourselfers budget...If possible.

Any and all tips, links, info is appreciated.

Brett

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
If you're just looking for the box currently, Home Depot carries the Leviton Distribution Center Boxes. The have prepunched access holes for cables, and a holed pattern on the back for attaching components. They come in sizes ranging from 18" to 42" and fit in the 16" stud bays. You don't have to use Leviton Distribution components afterwards, as almost anything will fit inside, but Leviton does make the 3x8 video distribution you are seeking that will send your CATV all through the home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.