AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Measured with lg 32lb5610 tv DTV signal strength is about 54% an quality is about 60%. I have bough more quality cables and made sure that they are quality connected but the only benefit was getting 62% instead of 60% signal quality and strength remain on the same level. Then I have bought DTV signal amplifier and my signal strength jumped on 94% but the quality remained the same. I blame poor signal quality for periodical lost of signal for about 1-2 seconds and that is happening on every 40-60 minutes.
Does someone knows what seems to be a problem with poor signal quality?
Thanks in front
nmeuncn :)

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
The cable company can determine the signal strength coming into the house and determine where and if an amplifier is needed. And there could be an issue with splitters or the junction box. A cheap amp will cause more problems than help. Good amps are Channel Master, Motorola, and Electroline. But the cable company will determine where one may be needed and how much signal should be boosted.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Signal Strength is only one measure of performance....the MORE IMPORTANT measurements are SNR (Signal To Noise) Ratio and esp. BIT ERROR RATE. Ingress (leakage) of OTA and OTHER signals into the cable system (usually via degraded connectors) can cause problems...esp. INFREQUENT problems like yours, that are ONLY evident in a (preferably long term) BER measurement....which can ALSO be found in the Cable Box Diagnostic Menus....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.