AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have a Disk Network DVR. It's HDMI output is connected to a 50 foot HDMI cable which is connected to an Epson 6500 projector. I did a lot of research to find a good cable that would carry the signal 50 ft and this setup works fine.

I purchased a Panasonic DMP-BD60 blu ray player. Attaching it directly to the projector with a 6 FT HDMI cable works fine. In this configuration I can't connect to my amplifier for sound, it's on the other side of the room.

In need to connect the player to the existing 50 foot cable run to the projector. I purchased a 3x1 HDMI switch. I attached the DN DVR to a 6 FT HDMI Cable which I attached to the switch which connects to the 50 foot cable to the projector. This all works fine.

I attached the DMP-BD60 to a 6 FT HDMI cable and attached it to the switch. No signal at the projector.

I tried a short 1/2 meter HDMI cable between the player and the switch. No signal at the projector.

I purchased a HDMI repeater/externder (unpowered). I tried all combinations:

Player, 1/2M cable, extender, 1/2 meter cable, switch, 50 foot cable, projector

Player, 1/2M cable, switch, 1/2 meter cable, extender , 50 foot cable, projector

Player, 1/2M cable, switch, 50 foot cable, extender , 1/2 meter cable, projector

All result in no signal at the projector.

I found powered extenders but before I spend over $100 can anyone tell me if there is something obvious I am missing? If not, will a powered extender actually solve my problem? There has got to be a way to get the signal to the other side of the room.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Why are you reposting this question?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts