AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a cable problem and need advice.

Two weeks ago, on my cable channels 16, 69-76 amd 99, every minute or so, the colors would suddenly be all wrong, usually reddish or magenta, and then go back to normal. This tint flash only lasted a moment. Sound remained normal.

It got worse after four days and I mentioned it on Charter Direct. Suddenly on a Sat. night it got better. Then they said on Charter Direct that they were in fact fixing something around that time, but I had not made an appt.

I have no cable box, and analog tuners in my TV and VCR. The problem is the same with the two tuners. I don't know if my neighbors have the same problem. There's no problem if I watch a videotape or DVD.

Yesterday the problem came back, on the same channels. This time I mentioned it on Charter Direct and they just said they're not aware of any wide area problems in my area and I should make an appt.

What in general causes this tint flashing?

Why would it be on just those channels? 16 is a Spanish channel and 99 is Cspan. The flashing is almost constant now.

This is embarassing but I only signed up for channels 2-30. But I've always received 67-76 also. Could the color flash be a way Charter is blocking channels I'm not supposed to get? (I've never gotten 31-66).

·
Registered
23,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjc
This is embarassing but I only signed up for channels 2-30. But I've always received 67-76 also. Could the color flash be a way Charter is blocking channels I'm not supposed to get? (I've never gotten 31-66).
You "subscribe" to limited basic. If you have no problems with channels 2-30, there's no problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.