AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My music seems to lack the speed I demand. You can hear the 4 harmonics of the cymbals are especially slow.

I have been thinking of polishing my speaker cable to make it faster.

Is there a recommended product for this?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds more like an impedence mismatch more than an SWR problem. I recomend a 1/4 wavelength matching section of 450 Ohm ladder line before transitioning into coax... wait... wrong forum...

Don't polish it, just paint it flat black with with some red or gray ghost flames.

-Sean

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My cousin had an SWR problem once. He's better now

I still have some SWR meters from my ham days.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphrex /forum/post/16933016

A Corvette Zr1, Mother's or Meguir's car polish and a collection of speed metal cds or mp3s = music with the speed you demand plus a driving experience with exhilaration!!

What? Zaino is the way to go, man. Or Adam's. Meguire's NXT is probably #3.

Perhaps racing stripes will help, too.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Look, there's been numerous DBT's on various cable polishes and it was confirmed that the most expensive polish is clearly the best.

That happens to be Dr. Money's "Liquid Speed" oil, at $500/ml it isn't cheap, but research shows that this oil, extracted from the reproductive organs of the South African Barracuda, will speed up not only the cymbals but also the overall pace and rhythm of your system. It is recommended that before applying the oil you use Dr. Money's "De-Veiling Solution" to clean your cables, it is a hydrogen and oxygen compound that will increase the transparency of your system if used before applying the Liquid Speed. At only $100/ml it's a real bargain.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Slick-50

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
If you must polish use Klasse, then swiss wax.. nothing like a hand rubbed wax..

But just paint flames on it.. everyone knows flames make it go faster! Geezz.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I prefer furniture polish with lemon, in case the midrange sounds too "sweet".

And if your bass sounds a bit muddy, try some OxyClean. Not only will the electrons flow more freely through the sparkly clean cables, but when you get all of the mud off the woofer, it will really speed that sucker up.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just spray my paper cones with water when they sound muddy. They might warp a bit, but at least they're clean!

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Stay tuned next week when Michael buys CD's of military cadence to improve his system's pace.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHP_VR /forum/post/16937139

If you must polish use Klasse, then swiss wax.. nothing like a hand rubbed wax..

Zaino's better. Check it out.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMan /forum/post/16938081

Zaino's better. Check it out.

zaino. the polish of those with OCD...

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just in case it was not clear, my post was an attempt at humor.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.