AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched quite a few threads but havent really found what I need.

I will be moving this coming week, and need a solution other than ordering online.

The distance will be roughly 25 feet.

20% of the run is vertical, and the other 20 feet will be horizontal on drywall.

It will hold TV power cable, HDMI cable, Optical cable, and Coax for OTA.

What are my options for a wider channeled raceway, that I can pick up locally?

Have any of you had luck going to Home Depot, and fabricating something to work?

Gracias

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,142 Posts
Is there are reason you can't do a combination of in-wall for vertical runs and hide horizontal runs behind baseboards, chair rail or crown molding?

The power cord needs to comply with building codes and an in-wall outlet should be installed. If you need a power conditioner for the outlet look at the Powerbridge solution.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the reason this all has to be external runs: it is for a college dormitory and would be hard to explain why there are huge holes in the wall to facilities

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
It might be a little easier to show him if you picked a shot with the lights on.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC /forum/post/16930518

Dormitory?, Who has money for raceways?

i can assure you it ill look NOTHING like your masterpiece

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
If you live in a dormitory, that is your theme and you should have your gear on plywood sandwiched between cinderblocks and your cables can be attached to the wall via duct tape.

You can then enter it in a themed theater contest in a home theater magazine. Make sure you have the laz-y-boy from the salvation army and the mini fridge full of beer in the photos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts