AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, personally have used old ceramic power line insulators as risers. Generally seem to have more benefit during the winter when static is worst.

Pretty cost effective but you have to poke around to find them. Generally only a buck or so apiece.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hi bpape,

I like to use wine glasses to raise my speaker cables from the carpet. And it has a dramatic increase in audio quality. The soundstage seems to be lifted and clearer.

What a cheap way to tweak your system.

Just my 2cents, Brian

·
Registered
376 Posts
Classic Don !

This should be "Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself " profile pic !!

Im gonna keep this one !!

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
Don I heard your wonderful system at CES when that wine bottle was still full! How did your system sound, subjectively, once the wine bottle was empty and you were drunk???

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Truly a classic. If you start with a bottle of SKYY, does it sound better faster?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Don,

What is that grey thing between the power cord and the outlet?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Mike,

Egads, I'm busted by an audiophile with good eyes and ears. It's a 3 to 2 prong "cheater" plug. But, don't try this at home folks. The wiring at the Alexis Park is an exibitor's nightmare. The outlet on the opposite wall with the other monoblock plugged into it was really a mess. The outlet itself was literally falling out of the wall. We had to have the hotel electrician work on it. And, ground loops are everywhere.

Also, here's the risers we used for our blue Model #470 interconnect cables. You can buy these from where I got mine at http://www.audionut.com .

The little white wire clips are my invention. But, Bob Williams of AudioNut saw them in use in our suite and after I told him where to get them, he's now offering them with his "Elevators".

http://www.graniteaudio.com/photo/2002elevator.jpg

·
Registered
277 Posts
Busted?!?!

Hell, I thought it was the cork!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.