AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Logitech Harmony Home remote and IR blaster base station. It has two connections for remote IR Blasters, but I was wondering if there is a cable that could plug in directly to the projector? I have a Sony HW40ES, I could try to find a 20' or blaster but if I am running a cable up there anyways, might as well plug it directly into the projector. Is this a special kind of cable? They look like your typical microphone/headphone jacks, can you just use a long headphone jack type cable that is male on both ends?

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
I have a Logitech Harmony Home remote and IR blaster base station. It has two connections for remote IR Blasters, but I was wondering if there is a cable that could plug in directly to the projector? I have a Sony HW40ES, I could try to find a 20' or blaster but if I am running a cable up there anyways, might as well plug it directly into the projector. Is this a special kind of cable? They look like your typical microphone/headphone jacks, can you just use a long headphone jack type cable that is male on both ends?
Not sure if you'd be able to plug in directly (have to read the manual to see...), but regardless, using a simple 3.5mm extension cable (Xantech sells one listed as an Emitter extension cable for $10) will allow you to either plug into the projector, or place an emitter at that location. I'd just get a standard extension cable, and then a short M/M 3.5mm patch cord so you're set for either solution.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not sure if you'd be able to plug in directly (have to read the manual to see...), but regardless, using a simple 3.5mm extension cable (Xantech sells one listed as an Emitter extension cable for $10) will allow you to either plug into the projector, or place an emitter at that location. I'd just get a standard extension cable, and then a short M/M 3.5mm patch cord so you're set for either solution.
Looks like the Sony HW40ES does have a IR In, I thought a regular mono type cable would work, but the 3.5mm connector isn't want my logitech harmony hub uses :( its smaller then that.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Looks like the Sony HW40ES does have a IR In, I thought a regular mono type cable would work, but the 3.5mm connector isn't want my logitech harmony hub uses :( its smaller then that.
For a blaster/emitter/IR in, the standard is 3.5mm mono. I think the Harmony Hub uses 2.5mm jacks, which is a pain—I know there are adapters, but don't know where to find 'em.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts