AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I got a MLT-2 Speakers and Yamaha RXV-673.

I am surprised when to see speakers do not come with Cables. I have to purchase cables now.

Please suggest the best cable types, GA for these speakers and AVR

Thanks

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica17  /t/1418960/cables-5-1-set-up-mlt-2-with-yamaha-rxv-673#post_22194878

I am surprised when to see speakers do not come with Cables. I have to purchase cables now.

Actually, you should have been surprised if it did come with cables, not the other way around. I don't recall ever buying speakers were they threw in wire.

Depending upon how long the cable runs will be 16 or 18 gauge should be fine. One of AVS's sponsors -- monoprice.com -- has everything you could possibly need, so that would be the first place I'd check.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I get good quality 14AWG wire in walmart or any retail shop?. As now My receiver and speakers are arrived, I do not want to wait again for wires

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,842 Posts
You might want to check and see if the speakers will accept 14 gauge before you buy any. But as far as store-bought wire goes... you don't have $100,000 worth of equipment, so the generic cable they sell at WallyWorld is probably going to be fine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohh!!!! Does the Speaker manual recommends wire gauge?. I do not find wire gauge details in MLT-2 manual.

So which one you prefer 16 AWG?

·
Registered
28,741 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you So Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have ordered 100FT 14AWG wire. and RCA for Subwoofer. Can you please explain why do I need Y cable?. Its not that I do not want to purchase, I want to understand how it helps or how it will get connected.

From last 3 days I am sitting with my receiver and Speakers. Nothing doing. I am kind of frustrated, i do not know anything.

Please tell me how do I connect my subwoofer to the receiver? I am totally confused.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica17  /t/1418960/cables-connection-for-5-1-set-up-mlt-2-with-yamaha-rxv-673#post_22197358

Thank you So Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have ordered 100FT 14AWG wire. and RCA for Subwoofer. Can you please explain why do I need Y cable?. Its not that I do not want to purchase, I want to understand how it helps or how it will get connected.

From last 3 days I am sitting with my receiver and Speakers. Nothing doing. I am kind of frustrated, i do not know anything.

Please tell me how do I connect my subwoofer to the receiver? I am totally confused.

RCA, Y the end with 2 RCA to the sub and other with only 1 RCA to the head unit or stereo

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

Because of my office work I was out of station for 3 weeks. Today I returned back, and trying to connect speakers to Receiver.

I got this RCA cable http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10236&cs_id=1023603&p_id=6305&seq=1&format=2

is it really a RCA cable? it has only 2 ends. No "Y" where i can connect 2 ends (onside) to receiver. Did I ordered a wrong cable for my sub??

As I mentioned before I have MLT-2 Speakers. Speakers do not specify Rear (L/R) or Front (L/R), does that mean any speaker can be connected to and rear and front?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

I found my mistake, I was needed a Y connector to sub.

I purchased one from Bestbuy, I needed it urgently so........I will but a good one from Monoprice.

However, now finally I have connected speakers to the AVR and have an issue with Sub. its not making loud sound. Center is taking over.

If any one configured MLT-2, please help me!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts