AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry, I know this question must have been asked many times. What cables have the most "bang for the buck"?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
For a typical home system: Radio Shack. If that bothers you then go with "Bettercables.com". Beyond that you are wasting money.

aka Glimmie

Manager, Systems Engineering

Laser Pacific Media Corp

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nothing wrong with Audioquest. Used to buy them myself.

Glimmie, your statement seems a bit closed minded actually. How can you say beyond one specific company's cable's other than Radio shack there's nothing worth it? There's a lot out there beyond these walls. For example, my Tigress Component Cables are a good value in and of themselves, and I am sure there are many others.

Lex

------------------
CATCables
Lex Theater

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Lex:
Nothing wrong with Audioquest. Used to buy them myself.

Glimmie, your statement seems a bit closed minded actually. How can you say beyond one specific company's cable's other than Radio shack there's nothing worth it?

Lex

How, I hold a BSEE and have twenty years designing and installing broadcast television facilities. My piers will agree with my statements. We don't use these "designer" cables. We typically have 7 to 8 figure budgets to build these facilities. Cost of cable is not a primary concern to spite the fact we use 100's of thousands of feet in some installations. I back "Bettercables.com" only because they are a good value and use the same cable stock and connectors we do in the industry.

So what do the sales people at Audioquest know that we don't. I repeat SALES PEOPLE because they are not engineers even in the loosest terms. I have read their brochures and the claims contridict most of what I learned in university level physics, chemistry, and electronics.

Come on people, it's electrical energy. Not video or audio, and not sound or pictures. It's behavior can be quantified, measured and controlled by human hands and minds within the laws of physics.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
I would also have to recommend avcable.com. They're even cheaper than bettercables, yet they sell to professionals, i.e. broadcast and recording studios. They're very responsive over the phone and can custom manufacture many cables not listed on their webpage.

-Dylan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.