AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an appointment Saturday to get the Cablevision HD set-up in Westchester NY ....finally.

I have heard a great deal of rumbling about Cablevision but they came out on schedule and did the install with the SA 4200HD Cable Box without a hitch. I will be checking out the Mets this week in HD on FSNY to see what the picture is like.

I must admit the installer didn't know why some of the HD material on HBO was 4:3 when he thought it would be 16:9. I had to explain to him that not all the programs (especially news/documentary) where HD format. He was polite and did a good job though.

I wil be watching to compare this and my Directv over the next few months. I have both to see who gets ESPN HD first and which might offer HD locals first (In NY you can only get CBS & FOX OTA HD). I will be extremely unhappy if I don't get ABC HD soon. I miss their SUN movies in HD but refuse to miss MNF this Sepetember in HD.

HD is my drug of choice! You are addicted after the first hit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
In Westchester you should be able to get ch.D- 12 ota from ESB (ch. 11 analogue). Home Mets games in HD for free!!!. I would guess that you should get ch. D-8 , ABC from New Haven as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been a lot more impressed with the quality of the Cablevision HD broadcast Mets games (only home games unfortunately) than I have been with the play on the field. Hockey looks really nice too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have to agree the Baseball games look really nice. I've been watching some games even though I usually do not watch baseball.

The installer also came in on time when I had my appoinment and was very polite. I was more knowledgeable about the subject also than the technician.

One thing I find funny is that prior to the day they came to install the box, I spoke with a tech from the HD department and asked about HD availability on the local stations. I mentioned CSI is broadcasted in HD and he said if it's broadcasted in HD the it will be presented in HD. I forgive him...

I would like to see more HD channels, specially HD-NET. What's going on optimum???

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but from what I am hearing there are no plans to add any more HD channels from Cablevision in the near future. Yes, MSG and FSNY are nice for games, but other than that and a few movies there is not much HD programming available from Cablevision. It would help if everyone requests more HD programming by calling their local customer service and/or send an e-mail request to:

[email protected]

Any pressure on them from consumer demand would definitely help to try and get them to add more HD programming.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.