Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I am located in Southwestern Westchester County.

I have read through various threads including the new official NY area one and still can't find a straight answer; if I order Cablevision iO and use their box can I receive HD? If so, on how many stations? At what resolution?

Thx so much!

BP

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John:

Thx so much for the response. Can you tell me whether I will need an OTA antenna to receive local affiliate stations such as CBS, NBC, ABC, NET?

BP

·
Registered
713 Posts
Antenna would only get you CBS. That's the only one up and running OTA currently. One would hope Cablevision would offer the HD locals as part of the overall package.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi:

Seems that everybody is anticipating what Cablevision will do. Is there anything authoritative yet? After all, they are advertising the iO service so I would expect they have product firmly in place...perhaps that's expecting too much?!

BP

·
Registered
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BP
Seems that everybody is anticipating what Cablevision will do. Is there anything authoritative yet? After all, they are advertising the iO service so I would expect they have product firmly in place...perhaps that's expecting too much?!
I'm not sure what you're asking here. Their iO service is rolling out quickly and is available in some areas of Westchester already. Unfortunately iO does not spell HD. I would expect that in early 2003, HD will be rolled out to customers with Sony boxes. I think Scientific Atlanta has only just began (this month) to ship the HD STBs that Cablevision plans to provide. So those that will need component output will likely have to wait even longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.