AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, I have a 5.1 Surround sound system set up. This includes a Denon AVR, flat screen TV, a cable Box, a PS4, and a Roku.

I have the speaker wires running from my DVR to the center speaker, and front left and front right speakers.
(The speakers in the back of the room and the sub woofer are running under the floor).

I have x4 HDMI Cables running from the AVR to each device. I also have an Ethernet Cat5 Cable running from a dummy switch to the PS4, the AVR, and the Roku.

It is a mess of cables behind the TV. The cables not behind the TV are running under the floor and look nice. The only cable manage I have found are raceways which do not help me because this is all in an isolated location.

Any tips, ideas, or pictures of your setup in the back where your TV is would be awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
I plan to build an A/V console similar to this one - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Prepac-Altus-Black-Wall-Mounted-A-V-Console/16821712

What's nice about this console is that all the excess cable, cord, and wires fall into a hidden compartment where the surge protector will be located (see Wally World's cutaway view). Also, a subwoofer can be placed underneath it eliminating the need to run coax in the walls. All the speaker wire for my 4 surrounds are in wall and attached to a wall plate that will be behind the console. I will still have to run a short raceway from the tv down to the console, which will be partly hidden by the center speaker (I'm not going into the wall for such a short distance).

If I had a PS4, I would have to make the console wider than the one pictured, or modify the bottom shelf. One reason I want to build the console is to make the top shelf removable so I can easily get to the back of components - especially the AVR.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zip Ties can do wonders!

Dude I wouldn't compare cat5 Cables in a datacenter to the back of a Media Hub.

Also, keep in mind the majority of those cables are going to one physical device ( a switch) which is already laid out nicely in a rack, as well as the rack itself having a proprietary cable management system in addition to the zip ties you speak of.

Jautors Techflex is looking good though.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
It was an example of what zip ties can do. Don't ask public questions if you don't want the public to answer. If you wanna be exact then ok here's another...
+1

I just leave my as is. I have some cables/wires that run behind basic cable management just to clean things up: http://www.amazon.com/Legrand-CMK50...d=1429822015&sr=8-3&keywords=cable+management

It isn't much nor too expensive. I also use them around the room to hide my sub cables or lift them off the ground so they are less noticed.

·
Registered
30,788 Posts
It was an example of what zip ties can do. Don't ask public questions if you don't want the public to answer. If you wanna be exact then ok here's another...

Zip ties are OK for organizing but they cannot camouflage a bundle of cables of varying sizes and colors the way that a sleeve can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.