AVS Forum banner

Cabling for Seperates

907 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  xtrmspl 
#1 ·
Making the jump to seperates and would like some suggestions on what to use to hook the amps up to my pre/pro?

What are you guys using?

#3 ·
Thanks for the recommendation...when you say pricey how pricey are we talking? I couldn't even find info on a local dealer.

I'm not trying to break the bank on these and will probably order something economical from Blue Jeans to use in the meantime.

#5 ·
I'll be using rca's for now. Down the road when i shell out some real $$ on an amp I'll go the xlr route. The pre/pro i'm getting has xlr inputs but not the amp i'm getting.

$500 for cabling is way to expensive for me right now, though Chord looks like a great product. I did look at their site before, and it looks like I'll have to contact their US distributor to find a local dealer.

#9 ·
6' triple shielded with plastic-braided metal-teflon over copper wire, silver solder with 24k gold plated terminations, tension relieving springs at ends, $12/pair at the Home Depot TV section a few years ago, wonderful results.

As an added bonus, i soldered a third lead to the braided metal shielding and connected

it to the power conditioner's grounding terminal, poor man's balanced cables.

Call me a peasant but they do a wonderful job.

#10 ·
#11 ·
I'm a big fan of Audioquest cables. My entire HT has Audioquest throughout. I know their out of your price range but I use AQ Columbia (XLR) from my processor to amp. I'd recommend King Cobras or Diamondbacks for your set up.

#12 ·
I use monster ultra 600 cables on my $20,000+ B&W/Anthem system with excellent results. You can find these cheap on ebay. I compared them to some MIT cables in the $2000-$5000 price range and couldn't really tell a substantial difference, not enough to justify that kind of money on cables.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.