AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's my problem, I have a oval dish with the SAT-C kit installed, been working fine with 2 receivers for over a year. I recently (about a month ago) added 2 additional receivers. Everything was working fine. My setup is my oval dish has the 3 leads coming from it (one for each sat/lnb) and into a 2X4 ChannelMaster box. I have had 2 of the outputs run for almost a year and no problem, the other 2 I just added. I know it's not the dish or LNB's going, since one of my receivers is still working fine.

The problem I'm getting on the two boxes is cannot find satellite signal. They were working fine until we got some rain yesterday, don't think there was any lightening, but even so, all of these are run to Monster 1100 power bar's and i didn't see any indications of a trip.

I did swap the cable from the good receiver to one of the bad ones and it does indeed work, so I'm sure it's my cabling or a defective box. The ChannelMaster is mounted behind my dish so it's kind of a pain to get up on the ladder to go look at it, I will as a last resort. I want to check the cabling connectors on the ground first. I have a satellite finder,will it tell me anything if I hook up to the suspect cables and start tracing backward from the receiver, to the grounding block , to the box, or is there a better method aside from just randomly re-running new cables? Also, is there anything I should know about rain on the cables, connectors? Maybe I should get a box or something to install to shield the cables/connectors from rain?

Thanks for your help

John

·
Registered
33 Posts
You should have 5 cables total coming from the dish.

2 from the A lnb, 2 from the B lnb and 1 from the C.

The C should be connected using the combiner that came with it to a line on the B lnb.

This leaves you with 4 cables that have to be hooked to a 4 in 4 out or 4 in 8 out switch..

You have to have a multisat switch to get all signals and channels on all receivers.

You can't use a 2x4 switch and get all the channels all the time on all receivers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that is what I have, I'll have to look tomorrow to be sure, but even if it is a 2X4, would this yield the searching for satellite sig problem?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looked, it is a 4 X 4 with the Sat C combined into the 119 lead. Like I said, the dish hasn't been touched in over a year and it was working perfectly.

Thanks in advance

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.