AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recorded the only showing for May in HD on HBO last night and I have a lot of blocking in the image. not total signal loss but dropped frames and pixelation. Did anyone else record it today and if so how did it come out? Maybe I do need to amplify the signal out of the HD modulator.

Your inputs would be appreciated. I wish it had come out perfect for the image is very good. Sharp and clear with good colors.

Also I am using the Panny Combo.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wezar
I recorded the only showing for May in HD on HBO last night and I have a lot of blocking in the image. not total signal loss but dropped frames and pixelation. Did anyone else record it today and if so how did it come out? Maybe I do need to amplify the signal out of the HD modulator.

Your inputs would be appreciated. I wish it had come out perfect for the image is very good. Sharp and clear with good colors.

Also I am using the Panny Combo.
The 5000 modulator contains a mechanical relay to bypass it's self and route an antenna to your STB. This relay gets intermittent. Some members have removed them. My fix is to drop the 5000 receiver about an inch on one end. That shock reseats the relay. I use my HiPix signal meter to know when it's time. normal os 60-65, drop time is around 40. Once every tewo months seems to be normal.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Could be the type of tape used. Your heads could have been dirty, etc.

I fought these kinds of issues with my hd1000 all the time.

dav

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I know it could be a number of things. I was hoping that HBO through Dish just did not cut it last night.

Glimmie, I will give your solution a try although I almost never move the Dish 5000 off of the HD channels. I have always liked the "Emmet's Fix it Shop" approach.

H20fun. I don't think it is the deck as I have made OTA recordings in the last few days that are fine. I use JVC ST-120 SVHS and have had very good luck.

I am using the same setup as Ken H in this post except for the inline amp.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=87017

It allowed me to get rid of the A/B switch. So I think I will add the amp just because.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.