Item Status: Backordered | Item: A3-300

List Price: $1,500.00

Your Price: $600.00 + shipping

vs

Elemental Designs A5s - 300 Subwoofer

Item Status: Backordered | Item: A5s-300

List Price: $1,375.00

Your Price: $550.00 _ shipping

Are either of the Elemental Design Subs better and if so why?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I don't think there are many (in any) people who have heard both the Cadence and the ED sub. What is keeping you from the cadence? What is the maximum price you are willing to pay for a sub? I thought you wanted a 15" sub? If it is $500 then go for the Cadence as it seems to have great output, SQ and extension in a medium/larger room for the money. If you are willing to spend more (over 550 shipped) then that may change things.

What exactly do you want in a sub?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesando
I don't think there are many (in any) people who have heard both the Cadence and the ED sub. What is keeping you from the cadence? What is the maximum price you are willing to pay for a sub? I thought you wanted a 15" sub? If it is $500 then go for the Cadence as it seems to have great output, SQ and extension in a medium/larger room for the money. If you are willing to spend more (over 550 shipped) then that may change things.

What exactly do you want in a sub?
I plan on placing my order in a day or so, I just wanted to make sure I was making the right decision. A few people talked like the Cadence might not be the best one to be buying. I compared the Cadence to everything but the Elemental Design Sub but of course there back-ordered. But I was wondering if anyone thought the eD was a better Sub.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have the original Cadence 12" and it had a hum from the amp, and an imperfection in the grill. I contacted them, and they Fed-Ex'd me a brand new amp and grill within two days. That was several years ago and it's still running strong in the living room. Nice build quality, very very solid amp, and about mid-par quality on the driver. The make a nice looking sub. I've since upgraded to an SVS PB12 Plus/2. But I still won't knock the Cadence. It's good to about 28Hz.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyefan /forum/post/20905724

But I still won't knock the Cadence. It's good to about 28Hz.

Only 28hz? The eD's are good to 19-18hz if that's an important to you...

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
I would go for the ED subs, and the A3-300 is the one at that. It's quite different from the A5s-300, it will have more output and much more extension. It is, however, much larger. If you can handle its size and weight, that's the one to get.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 /forum/post/20906213

Only 28hz? The eD's are good to 19-18hz if that's an important to you...

28Hz is my old 12" Cadence sub, not this 15". I think I'd go for the Cadence for $499 shipped. There's just something about a 15" driver I love. Both are roughly the same size and weight. If you could afford a little more coin, I really like the A5-350 design. But you are creeping up in a territory where you could buy 2 of the 15" Cadence. No bad choices here.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
The Cadence sub isn't a bottom dweller. 25hz is about it. That said, it slams, it's clean and it's loud. The Mark II is an improvement over the previous rev by about 4-5 db. If you want sub-sonic capability go elsewhere. If you want a good looking, well built sub, in the audible band, then it's a good option. There is no comparison with this sub to previous Cadence revs. The Mark II series is a huge upgrade.

I can't compare it to ED subs. Different design, different goals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.