AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled out Avia last night to check out my LT150/High Power. As I'm tweaking the projector (working each RGB slider for contrast and brightness with the tiny remote...) I started wondering if I could make life a little easier by just adjusting my software DVD player on my HTPC. My player of choice is the ATI player and it seems I could save off different calibration settings to different .reg files to optimize for different video sources (animation, video, film, etc.)

What would be the pros/cons of calibrating/optimizing the player vs. the projector?

------------------

Tom L.

NEC LT150 FAQ

My stuff, pictures, HTPC, and screen tests

·
Registered
733 Posts
Tom, the advice, I think, at least with proscan DVD players, is to calibrate the projector and leave the player at default (DVD Hardware section of this forum). But of course that's not what I would do - when I had my Gforce video card I did all sorts of calibrations and saved different ones for different projectors - worked great and I think it would work well for you. For me I have found the LT150s default settings very good and I only change the gamma settings and tweak brightness and contrast slightly depending on the DVD print - only takes a few seconds.

I would definitely try different HTPC settings and report back on your settings and the type of DVD that works with each.

Please have a look at "The Rock" - this is a non-anamorphic DVD that I think is as good as some of my best anamorphic DVDs - how can this be?

Cheers,

Grant

·
Registered
665 Posts
In my case I caliberated the players since the projector does not have multiple memory settings per connection. For example, I first caliberated the Skyworth using VE by adjusting the projectors settings...then I caliberated the RP91 and JVC723 with VE by adjusting their internal settings. This insures that my project is "optimally" configured via VE per player. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

- Balance Between

- Quality & Price!

------------------

Editor of the AVS Skyworth FAQ and Official Panasonic RP91 Firmware Upgrade Request from OWNERS pages.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.