Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Maybe this is a common question for a beginner like me.

Every suggestion will be appreciated.

According to Da-lite (Website), is :

" 2. Determine the optimum screen size based on room dimensions, planned audience seating size and arrangement. The rule of thumb is to fit the screen to the audience - not to the projector. Da-Lite recommends the following formula for determining screen size:

Screen height should be approximately equal to 1/6 the distance from the screen to the last row of seats, allowing text to be read and detail to be seen in the projected image.

The bottom of the screen should be a minimum of 4 feet above the audience floor, allowing those seated toward the rear of the audience to see the screen. This may require additional screen "drop" for ceiling hung screens. "

My question(s) is :

1. The screen height is for all screen format (1.33, 1.78, 1.85) ? Or there is another/next method to calculate it.

2. If there is only one level audience seating, still have to be a 'minimum 4 feet' from screen bottom to the audience floor ?

3. I am sorry (and shy), anybody could convert feet to inch ?:p

Thanks in advance. :cool:

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Da-lites suggestions are way off base for a high quality scaled image from a good scaler or HTPC. My back row is 4x screen height, and my front row is 3x screen height.

Screen is a 5' x 12' 2.40:1 screen with a CRT projejector using constant height.

Vern Dias

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.