564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I calibrated my AE200 using Video Essentials. Here is what I got:
  • Contrast = 0
  • Bright = 0
  • Color = -5
  • Tint = +2
  • Sharpness = 0

Has anyone else calibrated using a test disc? Are your settings similar?

--Burke

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi,

Yes, I used the Sound & Vision calibration disc, but I'm having a REAL tough time getting a good calibratiion - meaning that after calibrating and watch some DVDs, the overall look just seems off to me. I always end up tweaking it by eye, and I do get similar settings as you've gotten,

Color: Always between -4 and -6

Tint: Usually between 0-3

Sharpness: 0 or -1

Brightness: I fluctuate on this one, anywhere from -5 on Phantom Menace to +2 on LOTR...this is a tough one for me for some reason - I'll try your settings tonight. (Same deal with contrast as brightness, varies by quite a bit...)

I guess I tend to have some weird aversion towards tweaking the settings at the arrows of "default" on the AE200's different parameters - maybe I think, "Heck, the default can't be right, it's gotta be more or less!" Maybe the AE200 is better out of the box than I predicted, maybe going with some of the default settings (especially with the non-color settings) wouldn't be so bad...

I'd be interested in what some other AE200 owners have to say about their settings, and since I'm going through component on a prog. scan DVD player, I can't adjust the RGB settings :(

William

·
Registered
20 Posts
do you by any chance know if these settings should also apply to panasonic pt-L200U ?

i've read somewhere that the L200u and the ae200 are different machines, if so, then has anyone tried to calibrate the L200U? what are your settings?

thank you

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by arthurZ
do you by any chance know if these settings should also apply to panasonic pt-L200U ?

i've read somewhere that the L200u and the ae200 are different machines, if so, then has anyone tried to calibrate the L200U? what are your settings?

thank you
I have calibrated my PT-L200U using AVIA:

Mode -- Cinema 1

Contrast -- -1

Brightness -- +1

Color -- 0

Tint -- +2

Sharpness -- 0

Color temperature -- 0 for color sources, 2 for B&W sources

My Panasonic RP-91 DVD player is sending a progressive scan signal through component cables. It has a setting for LCD FP.

Even with the factory presets the PQ is excellent, but these settings seem to help with shadow detail. I am using a Da-Lite matte white 16:9 78" diag. screen in a room with good light control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.