AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did the Insignia, and the tv really does not look bad. Pretty good 120hz 42" for $699.

Since I could not get into the SM, I was stuck with grayscale the way it was, but I set light output, gamma, color and tint with the meter the best I could, as well as brightness and contrast. Best gamma I could get was 2.14, which is a tad low, but it is what it is.

Used Warm for color temp, and it still only yielded about 7500, but its better than normal or cool for sure.

Dads Insignia.pdf 101.4716796875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwayLite /forum/post/18271423

Just did the Insignia, and the tv really does not look bad. Pretty good 120hz 42" for $699.

Since I could not get into the SM, I was stuck with grayscale the way it was, but I set light output, gamma, color and tint with the meter the best I could, as well as brightness and contrast. Best gamma I could get was 2.14, which is a tad low, but it is what it is.

Used Warm for color temp, and it still only yielded about 7500, but its better than normal or cool for sure.

Wow, someone who was not scared-off by the proclamations on this Forum that Insignia was one of the most unreliable brands out there. With its 2 year warranty, it seems like your father got a pretty nice TV

·
Banned
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i do not play into that. He and my mom are divorced, he had to take a new job because of the economy, and was limited by his bonus. Buy what you can afford dammit, and enjoy it and ignore the trolls!

It really was not bad on the blu-rays we watched, but the antijudder, even on low, had one helluva SOE. It did have a good 3d effect though. And on the warranty, its in home too, not bad.

The grayscale is very consistent, its just all grouped in the wrong spot, and too blue. I wish I could access some RGB controls for low and high end, but still a nice tv.

·
Registered
513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwayLite /forum/post/18271423

I saw that you requsted the service menu codes in the LCD section. Did you try the official thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=622573

·
Banned
2,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_WI /forum/post/18274166

I saw that you requsted the service menu codes in the LCD section. Did you try the official thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=622573

I tried this thread for my daughters new Insignia. Are posters supposed to get a private message for a reply? I see no posting replies to service menu requests.

I bought and set up the Insignia for my daughter and it has a very pleasing picture. Black levels are good, it has yellow/green shift, but overall very nice for it's price point, number of inputs, and the ATSC tuner pulls in stations off the air like gangbusters.

If you ever find a service mode procedure please post.

·
Banned
2,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwayLite /forum/post/18295442

Will let you know. Noone has mentioned any SM codes yet.

Thanks much. I keep doing searches all over the net to no avail. I have tried the first tier of Best Buy service support (on phone), but they dummy up and claim there is no "customer accessible " service menu.

Maybe someone who has worked for Best Buy service would have some help?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.