AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those following my thread about noise/HDCP decryption problems with SP7200/Samsung SIR-TS160 may have seen my brief comments regarding picture quality of the Sony HD200 I am now successfully using with this projector. To recap and expand:

I commented that colors seemed "muted" and that I saw "ringing" or some sort of edge enhancement in the Sony picture, and that I felt the SIR-TS160 may have had a more pleasing image (to my eye, anyhow). The Sony's picture seems to be a bit "dirty" looking--sort of golden-tinged, like a perpetual sunset. Bright colors can still "pop" but the overall effect is there nonetheless.

I'm retracting the observation about "ringing" and EE; it must have been the source material, because all looked crisp tonight. Basketball on the HDNet intro loop was jaw-dropping.

I'm running v3.2 on my 7200 and did a bit of monkeying around with color temps and color gains/offsets, never achieving entirely satisfying images. My question is this: Since I can't use something like Avia or DE, how do I really calibrate these values accurately? The STB has a "freeze" function--could this be helpful? I think the middle (7500k?) color temp may have looked a bit better to me, but not much. Any insight/tweaking suggestions would be much appreciated.

Todd/Indy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.