AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I recently bought a Pioneer CLD-D704 and am trying to calibrate my Panasonic PT-AE700U with the video essentials laserdisc. I am new with calibrating and i don't understand adjsuting the color bars. My projector won't show all blue or red colors. Do i need a red or blue film to adjust the tint? Thank you for your help.

Levy

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

you need the blue filter for color and tint.

regards

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you,

Where can i buy a Blue filter. And sorry for the question, but do i look through filter and asjust or cover my projector lens? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
THX site sells blue filters.

If you cover the projector ... what are you looking at then to calibrate?

put pattern up ... look at pattern through blue filter ... doesn't matter where the filter is ... just easier if it is small in front of your eyes rahter than 5 inch by 5 inch ... odd size.

regards

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help Michael. I will check with their website. So from the way i understand it, all the blues should have the same amount of grey? Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
levy07 -- If you bought the VE laserdisc (Joe Kane's "A Video Standard"), then it should have the filters that came with it (mine does) - they are in the description pamphlet that comes with it. If it's a rental, then they are usually missing.

For the THX filter glasses, click on the "THX Online Store" link on this page: http://www.thx.com/home/dvd/blueGlasses.html . The blue filter normally goes over your eyes. The "Video Standard" laserdisc walks (talks) you through the calibration process.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the video essentials ld on the auction site (no filter included) i will buy the one on THX site. Thanks.

Levy

·
Registered
3,871 Posts

Quote:
If you bought the VE laserdisc (Joe Kane's "A Video Standard")

Those are 2 different titles and the programs are very different from one another. 'A Video Standard' was the first of its kind and Joe produced it for more technically astute users. 'Video Essentials' was developed to appeal more to consumers and was the first program of its kind to also appear on DVD. 'Digital Video Essentials' followed that on DVD, and laserdisc was no longer a viable factor in the marketplace.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts