AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Those are manufacturers who do make equipment used for calibration. What specific models are you referring to?

CJ

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I don't know any of the model numbers. I'm looking to have my TV professionally calibrated and I see from some of the various ISF calibrators that they use this equipment. Just curious as to what they do...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Remember the tools are only 1/2 the job. The knowledge on how to use them properly is an entirely different story! Anyone can pick up a hammer & nails. Look into more of the well-known calibrators when making your selection ie Gregg Loewen, Michael Chen, Chuck Williams to name a few. Browse this forum & you will see the well-experienced calibrators names turn up thousands of times.

Just my 2 cents.

Carmine.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Accupel makes a test signal generator. Sencore makes software for the Display2 color analyzer that they have OEM'd from GretagMacbeth.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Sencore makes color analyzer hardware (such as the CP5000), which is seemingly high-end stuff because the MSRP is around $5000.

Tom, I think you've confused Sencore with Pantone - Pantone is the partner with GretagMacbeth in marketing the Eye One Display...

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Accupel is the SD/HD signal generator.

Sencore ... (generically speaking) would be the color analyzer part.

Effectiveness of the color analyzer depends on display technology. Good on some ... just adequate on others.

Regards

·
Registered
8,007 Posts

Quote:
Tom, I think you've confused Sencore with Pantone - Pantone is the partner with GretagMacbeth in marketing the Eye One Display...

I don't think so. The specs for both sensors are virtually identical.

It's quite common for speciality companies to OEM hardware from other manufacturers, re badge it, and then charge a much higher price.

Sencore used to use the Sequel Imaging probe and the Display2 is a much improved version of this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.