AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just set up my first hdtv. does anyone know the proper calibration for LG 47LG50 47-Inch 1080p LCD? I searched and didnt find a thread on calibrating this set. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The proper calibration for your TV is one you perform yourself with the aid of one of the popular tutorial DVDs, such as 'Avia II Guide To Home Theater,' 'Digital Video Essentials,' 'HDTV Calibration Wizard,' or a DVD movie with the 'THX Optimizer' feature; or hire a professional calibrator. If you are looking for shared picture menu settings from another set like yours, please read this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055906 .

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeAB /forum/post/15419873

Welcome to the forum. The proper calibration for your TV is one you perform yourself with the aid of one of the popular tutorial DVDs, such as 'Avia II Guide To Home Theater,' 'Digital Video Essentials,' 'HDTV Calibration Wizard,' or a DVD movie with the 'THX Optimizer' feature; or hire a professional calibrator.

That's all fine and good, but it doesn't help when the TV appears to have no setting for audio lag. The TV consistently has an audio delay compared to the lips moving on the screen, although the amount is usually different. I had to calibrate the lag for Guitar Hero, but that was only calibrated on the PS3, not the TV. It showed a 0ms lag for video and a 142ms lag for audio. What DVD will help fix that?!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I think what you are referring to is called A/V lip sync. It is a common problem with HDMI. The best disc I have found to deal with this problem is the Get Gray disc. Do a search on this forum. You have to pay for it, but it is a very good disc. AVS disc may have something as well (I don't use the disc), but I prefer the Get Gray method.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.