AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I could use some help with ideas for the best way use Avia on a Mits 46807 and DTC100..I run from the DTC100 with a vga to rca cable. What is the best way for me to run the Avia dvd to be able to set all the video calibrations for HDTV? Will I need to run it thru a VCR and into one of the antenna inputs...Any thought would be of great help. I am sure someone in vast knowledge base has a similar setup and gone thru the same ordeal...

Thanks

Art

·
Registered
893 Posts
Art,

You can go out from your dvd player to your vcr via composite or s-video, then out from vcr with rf to your set top box antenna input, then keep your connection between stb and tv.

I used this with my Hughes box and it worked ok. When I set the overscan to 5% all the way around, the menu guide for the STB was off center vertically on the screen, to the point where it was a little off the screen on the bottom. I made a post at ***************.com and was told that there was probably an issue with the vcr connection throwing things off.

All in all, this method works pretty well. Maybe things will go better for you than they did for me...it just all depends on how the equipment all works together.

By the way, i have a 46807 also.

Neal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.