AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchases a Panasonic 58pz850u and have over a 100 hours on it. I did a quick calibration with a DVE disk and am ready for the next step.

I have read this forum and "Grayscale Calibration for Dummies" and am leaning toward getting the Eye-One Display 2 with the Calman software package. I don't plan on doing this as a profession but only for my home TVs. Their are also several free downloadable sofware packages available on this site and others.

My question is it worth the extra $60-70 to buy the package deal or just buy the Display 2 on-line and use the free software? Keep in mind the "Dummies" part is what attracted me to the article.

Any other options I should consider?

.............Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
I would recommend the Display2/Calman bundle. I went that route and am extremely happy. If you have a blu-ray player then use the AVS HD calibration disc. It is better than DVE HD basics (it doesn't have color patterns).

Here are my latest calibration results, before and after. I also attached the calman file. If you install calman (free to install) you can start up the simulated meter then once you get to the measurement part click actions and restore data and choose the file. Then you can take a look at what it looks like with the data from my calibration.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post15471512

Daniel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts