AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have owned a VT-540 for about 3 months now. Now that projector and screen are in final mounting locations, I'm ready to calibrate the display. Have used Avia disk and followed the instructions but can't seem to get the hue and saturation right. So, can someone provide some basic instructions on how to setup / calibrate this display with the Avia disk?

-Since I'm using the rp-56, what toggles should I turn off to setup display (cinema black, etc.)?

-In the color matrix menu, what settings should I select for setup (SDTV, HDTV, etc.)?

-I've heard much talk about adjusting the "white balance" using the advanced menu. Any edification here would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, I need a newbie's guide to display setup. Thanks in advance for any light you may shed on these topics!

Jeff

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am also looking for advice on this. If you search, Scott Gammans has posts on his calibration. I have the VT540 hooked to the DVD by S-video. With this hookup, I did the Avia test disc and the contrast and brightness adjustments are under 50%. However, the image appears dull, especially in dark scenes. If you boost the contrast up to 75-80% the image looks better but doesn't pass the Avia test. Anyone else find this?

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
I'm baffled - I own a VT540 and drive it with a HTPC via the VGA (RGB) input. When I set it up for [email protected] and set it for "Native" resolution and "Natural 1" gamma curve, then put AVIA in the DVD-ROM, it was real close to calibrated from the factory - as in I didn't change a single setting more than about 5%.

I'll go through the calibration again and make notes - but just offhand, I don't remember any problems. I had used AVIA on several other displays prior to this, maybe it's newbe type cockpit problems.

Gary

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
I haven't forgotten - but I probably will not get to this before the weekend - but I'll post from home as soon as I can.

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.