AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Pioneer MXE being fed via component connections from my Denon A1SR (5803).

My sources are Sky+ digital satellite receiver via S-Video and Arcam DV-27 DVD progressive (PAL and NTSC) via component.

The Denon amp converts S-Video in, to component out.

If I use something like the Avia disk which is NTSC, will I have problems with my PAL sources or will the adjustments for NTSC be near enough for PAL as well ?

Failing this, is there a good PAL disc that anyone can reccomend for calibration ?

I fully understand that a proper calibration as performed by people like Cliff is to be preferred, but there are not too many people providing that service in the UK.

Mark

·
Registered
707 Posts
"I fully understand that a proper calibration as performed by people like Cliff is to be preferred, but there are not too many people providing that service in the UK. "

Listed below are three individuals residing in the UK equipped with Progressive Labs CA-1 color analyzers that would be delighted to make your acquaintance and assist you with calibrating your display properly.

Gordon Fraser

8 Fraser Drive

Blackwood

ML119YP

Telephone: 01 555 890120
[email protected]

Giles Charman

Sound Ideas UK Ltd.

The Oast

Perry Court

London Road

Faversham,

Kent ME13 8RY
[email protected]

Paul O'Hale

Mchagon & Oneill

Castletown Road

Dundalk.

County Louth

Ireland

Telephone: 042-9332591
[email protected]

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the names, I knew about Gordon but he is based a long way from me, Paul O'Hale is also too far away, but I have e-mailed Giles Charman.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.