AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I calibrated today using THX- opt. from Cars DVD everything calibrated well except for the sharpness I really didn't notice much difference from 0-100 (on sharpness setting) So I put it to 60 anyway, next does anyone know the best resolution this set will put out I think it is 1080i. The set is 2 yrs. old What I want to know is if I'll benefit If I purchase a HD DVD player. Currently I am using a Sony which steps up the signal to 1080 I. The dvd player has a HDMI output which goes into the Dvi into my TV. My sound is an optical to optical to my HK receiver...

Thanks Tony

·
Registered
16,165 Posts
You have a 720p DLP -- all inputs are automatically scaled to 720p, so your best bet is feeding 720p to the DLP from your upscaling player or an HD-DVD player, not 1080i (which just results in a double scaling). I would also lower sharpness to 40-50 range. Yes, you will benefit form a true HD player, whether HD-DVD or BD (upscaling players are limited to the 480i signal on the actual DVD) -- don't you see a difference between SD DVDs and HD broadcasts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.