AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what it looks like after a lot of help from everyone here, on ControlCal, and from SpectraCal. SD DVD player on HDMI. It's not perfect, but I'm going to live with it for a while and see how it looks.

I'm not going to defend how annoying I've been in this forum, but this stuff is kind of hard to do.

I'm not sure if you're looking at my posts anymore, but thank you D-Nice and sorry for being a pest.

ISF Day 080409.pdf 186.4013671875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
19,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyptony /forum/post/16946247

This is what it looks like after a lot of help from everyone here, on ControlCal, and from SpectraCal. SD DVD player on HDMI. It's not perfect, but I'm going to live with it for a while and see how it looks.

I'm not going to defend how annoying I've been in this forum, but this stuff is kind of hard to do.

I'm not sure if you're looking at my posts anymore, but thank you D-Nice and sorry for being a pest.

You were not being a pest... just over thinking things
Your report is excellent.

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
Nice job - that's one hell of an On/Off CR that was reported too

Just curious, how did you dial in your gamut so accurately? I was able to get mine in the ballpark but didn't want to mess with the "CMS" too much since altering the controls in there more than a couple clicks seemed to do more harm than good.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm not sure if I should be worried about that small drop in Gamma at 90IRE, but like I said I'll be happy to keep it. Maybe after a while I'll see if it can be tweaked any further.

Kind of you to say, D-Nice.

On to ISF Night! Is something on the order of 30fL a good target for night viewing in a room with lower levels of lighting (but not pitch black)? I'm about 10' away from the panel.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogPilot /forum/post/16946860

Nice job - that's one hell of an On/Off CR that was reported too

Just curious, how did you dial in your gamut so accurately? I was able to get mine in the ballpark but didn't want to mess with the "CMS" too much since altering the controls in there more than a couple clicks seemed to do more harm than good.

It was painful, HP. On my previous runs I stayed within the "2 click" rule for CMS but was still aggressive with trying to get the Color Points in line. I wound up adjusting 5 out of 6 colors. Like you I noticed that did more harm than good, or at least I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to get things back in line as a result. So this time around I used a light touch with CMS, only adjusting two of the colors slightly (IIRC one was one click and the other was two). That was a big help in keeping the RGBs from getting too far off from the initial 2 point adjustment.

It was then a repetitive process of tweaking the 9 points and checking and rechecking the 2 Point RGBs, the CMS, and the 9 Point Gammas. I spent 4-1/2 hours on it, and it was just ISF Day! After going around and around a bunch of times it sort of came out.

My hat's off to the guys who do this for a living.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts