AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any calibration settings, either on this forum, or any other forum on the web, that has proper calibration settings for the Toshiba XV645U? Are the settings for last years 545 line basically the same? I am picking up this TV tomorrow, so I would like to avoid paying additional money that I no longer have for proper calibration. So I am hoping there are settings floating around somewhere.

·
Registered
427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eday_2010 /forum/post/16928052

Are there any calibration settings, either on this forum, or any other forum on the web, that hasproper calibration settings for the Toshiba XV645U? Are the settings for last years 545 line basically the same? I am picking up this TV tomorrow, so I would like to avoid paying additional money that I no longer have for proper calibration. So I am hoping there are settings floating around somewhere.

I have had the 46XV645 for a month, and like it very much. I would like to see some settings by owners or experts who are knowledgeable. I do not intend to copy anyone's settings, but use them as guidelines as to which direction to go when adjusting individual colors in particular.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You know, I was just about to come on here and post this exact same question. Cnet has yet to review it, which means they haven't calibrated it yet, and TweakTV hasn't done it yet either. Add my voice to the masses clamoring for recommended settings on the XV645U.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen settings for last years model, the 545u, but I do not know if they could apply to the 645U. The TV looks great in the store (not that that really says anything) but I know it could look better. Best Buy's Nerd Squad will calibrate it for $300 or so, doing it 4 times, but that s really $300 I don't have after buying the TV and everything else for my first HD home theatre.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought this tv yesterday. I have to admit, right out of the box, it looks really good. I only had a few spare minutes to fiddle with my DVE bluray calibration disc, and was surprised at how close to perfect the reds were out of the box. I bumped the brightness setting up a couple notches for now and will hopefully have time to play around with it some more this week.

Has anyone applied the available update for it yet? Any idea what it does?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just found settings at this link. I'm going to send them to my brother in law so he can test them on his set.

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...libration.html

Calibration: The Toshiba 52XV645U is a perfect example of how calibration can be essential to picture performance.

**Important Note: This TV comes out of the box tuned to Store calibration settings (100% Backlight and 100% Contrast). Tune to Home and follow the following Picture Settings to Calibrate to D6500.

White Balance Settings

Red-Offset 6

Green-Offset 0

Blue-Offset -15

Red-Gain -15

Green-Gain 0

Blue-Gain -3

Picture Settings

Picture Mode Movie

Color Temp 0

Brightness 24

Contrast 90

Color 16

Tint -2

Sharpness 0

Backlight 30

Other Settings

Color Master: Off

Dynalight: Off

Dynamic Contrast: 3

Static Gamma: -15

Clear Frame: Off

Film Stabilizer: Off

Noise Reduction: Off

Resolution +: Off

Post Calibration ANSI Checkerboard measured Contrast.

HQV Video Board Processing Tests

With 1080p Input

Jaggies 1: Excellent result. No jaggies near horizontal axis

Jaggies 2: Excellent

Video Resolution Loss Test: Good to Avg. result. Upper right quadrant strobing

Film Resolution Loss Test: Poor result. Strobing in 3 test boxes

HD Background: Notable flicker in the background behind Orchids. Avg. to Poor result

Stadium Seating Test with Moire: Slight flicker present and notable side to side motion artifact. A slight moire' pattern was visible in one section of stadium seating. Avg. to good result.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So far, to my knowledge, there have been two lists of calibration settings posted for the XV645U - one list of settings for Standard mode which eday_2010 posted here and another list of settings for Movie mode which ciris posted here . Here's my question: I have found that HD sports programming (baseball and football) looks the best on this set in, predictably, Sports mode. However, the default picture in Sports mode could still be improved. Does anyone have any settings just for Sports mode?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Just got a 46xv645 and have been tweaking it for the best possible S-Video connection via SDTV from DirecTV. Sadly I can't get the HD package due to blockage of singles so I'm trying to make the best of it unless I can get an HD DVR with only SD just to use the HDMI connection. But anyone have some settings already?? And yeah I've seen the C-Net presets for the 650U set too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just got my tv today and have been futzing with settings. I'll have to wait for Sunday's games, but here are my initial Sports mode settings:

Backlight: 50

Contrast: 91

Brightness: -20

Color: 5

Tint: 10

Sharpness: 20

Color Temp: 7

Red offset: -6

Green offset: 2

Blue offset: 1

Red gain: 0

Green gain: 2

Blue gain: 7

Dynamic contrast: 10

Static gamma: -1

Film Stabilizer: Smooth

·
Registered
537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eday_2010 /forum/post/16981328

I applied the update, but I don't know what it does. Everything seems to work just the same as before

What update are y'all talking about and where did you get it? I don't see an update for the xv645u on Toshiba's site...

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.