AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this at CurtPalme.com but the answer is probably more of a general nature than specific to EyEOne2 system.

---

Just received the EyeOne2 and Calman. Trying to decide the best way to calibrate my Pioneer Plasma.

Firstly I have a HTPC with Vista Media Centre using Pioneer 508XDA Plasma as the display. I note I could use Eye_match to create a colour profile like I have done for my computer LCD displays but not sure how this compares to a CalMan calibration.

I also would seek the best way to run the HTPC PatGen and Calman?

I could use the HTPC to run both or a laptop connected via VGA connection to Plasma, any recommendations of the best setup here?

thanks in advance this is all new to me.

zzkazu

·
Registered
468 Posts
Don't use the x-rite software. Use the calman htpc signal generator. Your best option is to run the generator on the htpc then use a laptop for calibration with the meter. If both computers are on the same network I would think calman could still control the signal generator.

If you had another display hooked up to your htpc then you could do both on the htpc. You would run the signal generator on the tv and calman on the monitor.

Daniel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts