AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Panasonic 'F95 HDTV (the one with 720P on it). Anyway, I've never had it calibrated and I think it could definitely use it. I get a slight blue/red (well blue/red in zoom mode, it's just a slight brightness variation in all other modes) vertical "bar" on the left side of the screen where it looks like the guns might be slightly out of alignment. Unfortunately, the Panasonic only has a center convergence adjustment in user mode.

I'm in the Northeast Ohio Vicinity (Akron/Canton area). Does anyone have any recommendations for an ISF technician to do a calibration in that vicinity? If so, please include the price for this model, if possible.

Alternatively, what calibration type DVDs do you guys recommend? Best Buy has a few of them, but I don't know which one has the best tools on it, etc.

Does anyone have the technician menu settings/manual to describe how I might access more detailed convergence adjustments myself if I had to (worst case as in there are no qualified techs in my area)?

The basic color/contrast adjustments using a DVD would help, I'm sure (I initially set them based on a Pioneer Elite I adjusted using a DVD I rented at the time, but it was mostly just to get the sharpness and contrast way down, not specific correction). But overall, I think the convergence needs adjusted on the left hand side, especially (maybe that's not the cause, though? I went through 3 sets under early Best Buy warranty and all of them had that problem, more or less, so I guess there was a bad factory batch in terms of the blue gun convergence or alignment or something....)

Anyway, any suggestions in terms of the calibration of this set are welcome. I plan on adding a Pioneer RP91 Progressive DVD player when it becomes available and I'd like the picture to look as good as possible. I'm looking at adding an HDTV sat/receiver in the near future as well (even more important it's calibrated for that I'm sure).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.