AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

I am looking to calibrate my Panny TC-P50VT20, I had it calibrated around 150-200 hours from Best Buy (got it free with the purchase of the TV) and I have not been that thrilled with the results since. It is now at 2200 hours and I am sick of not being happy with a $2k+ TV. Anyway, I want to calibrate it myself to save a few bucks and I like doing this kind of stuff. I have done some research and have learned that I will not be able to learn how to do this quickly but rather over time and that is fine.

So what should I buy? After searching I am really deciding between the Spyder3 TV or X-Rite i1Display 2, mostly because of cost (~$100).

Does anyone have any opinions on these products or maybe another one out there?

Thanks all

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I tried THX, it's good but not good enough, my custom settings are still better. I just feel that the black levels aren't what they should be, and shadow detail is subpar.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@CalWldLif

Yeah I did awhile ago, they worked all right but not great. I'd rather just drop a Benjamin and do it right, ya know?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I jumped on a deal I saw at tech4less, got an X-rite Eye-One Display LT for $87 shipped. I hope I made the right decision, know very little about this stuff.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.