Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Message:

I can't stress enough now that I've seen it for myself, the importance of getting your set calibrated. Before my kv34xbr910 was a "wow", but now it's a "WOW!"

Also, I think all but the really tech savvy should be hiring an expert, not doing it yourself. I was going to try it myself until I started seeing the warnings like "Avoid using the number 7 while in service mode. If you press it three times you delete all the tv's settings!"

But there is another reason I recommend an expert. As Robert Busch was calibrating my set, I'd often see that he had adjusted something that would change the quality of white. And I'd go "wow now that's white!" "ohhh now *that's* white", etc. The final true white took a number of adjustments before it was final. My point is that the human eye is subjective-- perception changes based on any number of factors. It's kind of like when you go to a mall and test different colognes or perfumes-- after whiffing 2 or 3 they all smell alike. Well the same thing happens to the most experienced of eyes after looking at all those test screens, etc.

A professional ISF expert will bring thirty thousand dollars worth of equipment and software with him. To give just one example, my ISF guy at one point attached a suction cup to the monitor screen, with a cable that connected it to his laptop. That sensor could look at colors and other settings objectively , allowing the technician to calibrate various settings to precision.

If you live in Northern California, I definitely recommend Robert Busch. If you look around the web, you'll see he's very involved in his field, doing things like asssisting Joe Kane in testing out his software, and even demonstrating for Mr Kane at trade shows. And he's very pleasant and even spent about an hour showing me lots of fascinating things about high definition.

Can someone post a link to some list of nationwide ISF experts?

(original message):
Robert Busch is on his way over to calibrate my xbr910. Does anyone know of any important questions or requests I should ask of him? For that matter does anyone here have a question for him? If so I'll get an answer from you.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Probably to late, but I'd love to know if there's a setting in the service menu for focusing/sharpening the scanlines.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sorry I got the message too late.

Please take note all, I've amended the first paragraph of this topic.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Are you sure you mean IFS? I thought they were ISF?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are correct. Typo city!

Quote:
Originally posted by DooDoo
Are you sure you mean IFS? I thought they were ISF?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'd love to see a isf calibrated set beside the same model w/ default settings, or my settings.

What is the range of cost? Is there a cheap version?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.