AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys!

PM or e.mail me with candidates on this......Dwin 700 and VisionPro HDP.

·
Registered
22,360 Posts
Must be for my friend Rob. We tried getting Gannon out to LA but it didn't work out. Also tried gettin' Mike Hamilton to take a LA trip but that didn't work, either. Rob's a really great guy and Tim, I hope you have better luck finding him a competent calibrator to go have fun in Newport Beach than I have [email protected]@

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Was once informed by Superbowl MVP Timmy Smith that "L.A." referred to the "Lubbock Area".

Sadly, he cannot help with your CRT woes.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I have never touched a Dwin before so I couldnt 'feel' what it was doing or trying to tell me.

Knowing the 'personality' of the projector is most important to me and should be a concern to whos doing it. The Lumagen is no problem. Doug

·
Registered
22,360 Posts

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
22,360 Posts
A few days ago I found out that Dave Abrams, who assisted Joe Kane on Digital video Essentials, is in LA. Rob contacted Dave and he's gonna do the ISFing and setup next week. Dave is one of the best.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Just ISFed my own DWIN.

WOW it looked good before and looks just as good. The ISFer guy said to me he didnt need to do anything because it was all dialed in. He thought I called him in as a joke. I said nope, I just did the calibration my self the way I always do it and wanted to see what the differance could be.

He said he couldnt do any better as I already have a perfect setup. He liked my Video chain as he pointed out it wasnt a stock DWIN. I said, I know I replaced it myself before I even knew if the Pj even turned on or not.

So when Steve gets his parts back from MP we'll have to see whats what!

·
Registered
22,360 Posts
I got the WORD. Mike shipped the power supply [email protected]@@

Vic, there's lotsa ISFers who have taken the course. Did he have a color analyzer - which one? How many projectors has he calibrated?

Believe me, Gannon can dial in the Dwin like no one can. He's done so many.

Yea, I gotta call Gannon, and find out to what extent we need to redo the RGB level or anything else as we're just replacing the power supply. All you folks who make fun of my big stick Granite Audio power cords say the power doesn't make a difference. So why

should simply replacing the power supply require redoing anything? Lets hear from the experts.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Steve,

I didnt get my DWIN ISFed LOL I wanted to see what you would say based on my eyes are my Light meter lol......It looks so damn good though....

DWIN actualy says the Pj would need the RGB levels reset after a new power supply is put in. Says that right on that page you emailed me.

My guess is that as a power supply is getting week that the projector drwas more current from it and you have to make setting a little higher then you noramlly wold have to. New capacitors, hight output current you are not drawing power as hard and problably can acheive the same image at lower settings.

Thats my Guess.....Kinda like when a DLP lamp wares you have to crank up brightness to get the same lumens at 400 hours as you did say at 20 hours.

·
Registered
22,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic C /forum/post/0

Steve,

I didnt get my DWIN ISFed LOL I wanted to see what you would say based on my eyes are my Light meter lol......It looks so damn good though....

DWIN actualy says the Pj would need the RGB levels reset after a new power supply is put in. Says that right on that page you emailed me.

My guess is that as a power supply is getting week that the projector drwas more current from it and you have to make setting a little higher then you noramlly wold have to. New capacitors, hight output current you are not drawing power as hard and problably can acheive the same image at lower settings.

Thats my Guess.....Kinda like when a DLP lamp wares you have to crank up brightness to get the same lumens at 400 hours as you did say at 20 hours.

Actually, Gannon ISFed me last year, when I used those beastly PS Audio P600s in my system, with the Multiwave 2 which did exactly that, provided a flatter higher peak of AC to the projector.

But last Dec., I got the new PS Audio Premier Power Plant, and I find that the picture is better than ever using plain 60 Hz sine wave. We may find that the RGB level as set is about correct. I wouldn't be surprised. We will SOON see as Mike finally shipped the power supply today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.