AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard to believe, considering the game supports a paltry 8 players total.

I thought the lag was due to some initial bugs, but this has gone on for far too long.

What gives, guys? Why is this game such a chore to play online?

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
This might give you an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-BanditZ
CALL OF DUTY 2 FANS TARGET INFINITY WARD

Fans up in arms over lack of details on planned support for the FPS, threaten retribution if demands aren't met[/b]

16:30 An irate Call of Duty 2 fan is calling on the CoD community to take action if a list of demands focussing on future support for the game and the series aren't met by developer Infinity Ward and publisher Activision.

ButchCassidy (not the Butch Cassidy we imagine) has posted an angry tirade on Infinity Award's official forums with a request that the two companies release an official statement "regarding their future support for the Call of Duty series of games on or before 16th December 2005".

Apparently, lack of communication from Infinity Ward and Activision with the CoD mod and mapping community is the key area that's caused the anger and frustration to bubble to the surface, but in particular, the poster demands that the following questions are addressed (quoted here as is from the post):

1. When will you include an Anti-Cheat system for COD2?

2. When you you release your 1st patch for COD2?

3. What will it include?

4. What other plans have you for the support of the Call of Duty Games?

5. What will you do to ensure this situation does not arise again?

"Failure to comply with this very simple request", continues ButchCassidy, "will result in the following action: We will actively encourage ALL Clans, Leagues, Ladders, Players, Admins and server providers to enforce a series of 24hr mass server shutdowns of all Call of duty games at a time of our choosing."

He later adds that "If no statement arrives from either Activision or Infinty [sic] Ward on or before midnight 16th December 2005" then the 'action day' will be December 17, 2005, at 6pm (your local time). "You may either shutdown or lockdown your server with a secure password. All servers will remain 'down' or Locked for 24hrs. The blackout will end on 18th December 2005 at 6pm your local time."

"Don't take this lightly, word spreads, people won't buy a broken toy. This has never been done before and do you really want to go down as the first and only companies to have it's client/fan base take such drastic measures in order to simply be given some regular information about a product, the choice is yours alone," ButchCassidy says in the forum post.

The post (of which the resulting thread currently runs to 20 pages in length) has been pretty much met with a healthy round of applause by those fans who have replied, many promising to take part in the server strike action should it go ahead. Neither Infinity Ward nor Activision have issued a response so far but the mounting support for the action may well pressure either or both companies into addressing the demands being made.

Link
I wrote that somewhere else. My server even joined in a "strike" along with other PC COD 2 servers in protest. The Xbox360 version is more or less under the same umbrella.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
They are currently working on a patch that addresses the lag and save issues. We are crossing our fingers that they address the lackluster lobby as well.

The link by Q bandit is regarding the PC game.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Threatening isn’t going to do anyone any good….

I am glad they rushed COD2 out, single player rocks!!! If it weren’t for COD2 I wouldn’t have anything to play….

And MS wouldn’t have a best selling game…..

·
Registered
525 Posts
I agree the single player campagin rocks but after I beat the game, it'll only have lasting appeal if the multi-player lag is fixed. Not being able to find my friends online to play COD2 is just plain annoying too. We need them to fix the lag first and then the they need to add a lobby feature.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have yet to play CoD2 on Live (just bought a 360) so what are the lag problems that occur. Does every game you play lag or is it hit and miss and also during the lag is it even playable. Thanks for the info as I'm might wait for a patch before I play it on Live and enjoy the single player at this point.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Morkeleb,

If you are buying it for single player use, don't hestitate.

If you plan on doing any multiplayer online, wait. I get lagged out or very heavy lag in 1 out of every 3 games on average. This is worse than any lag I have ever had in Halo2.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkeleb
I have yet to play CoD2 on Live (just bought a 360) so what are the lag problems that occur. Does every game you play lag or is it hit and miss and also during the lag is it even playable. Thanks for the info as I'm might wait for a patch before I play it on Live and enjoy the single player at this point.
unlike most people, I haven't run into much lag yet. I guess I've been lucky. They really need to address the friends issue and get some lobbies in there, though. One thing I really like is the kill cam.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yes it's laggy. Yes it gets annoying.

BUT.. hit START, tap Y button and start a new game. New Games load FAST.

The lag sucks, but come on people..how much fun is it when you DO get a good game? SO MUCH FUN! Damn this game is addictive. I love taking the deep breath and then sniping. It's great.

I would not hesitate to go ahead and get this game, single player and multi.

I do hope they fix the lag ASAP. There is a work around to play online with friends, but it is a big hastle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.