AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't imagine Inifinity Ward isn't aware of the ongoing hack for Call of Duty 4 which enables God Mode (*UFO) on the PS3 (for online play).

At first I saw a guy flying aimlessly once every few days, now I see people using God Mode every other game, and they're not just flying, they can enter in and out of the game and even kill players. It's retarded...

*Conspiracy Theory*

Is there any chance Infinity Ward allowed this hack so it would ruin online play for COD4 and everyone would finally stop playing it and actually buy MW2?

Examples of UFO/GOD Mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny5g5YJYxRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ym4pwsb6fM

·
Banned
2,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami /forum/post/16920288

do you mind posting in the COD threads, instead of making a new one.. and for the record, there is no way that IW is sabatoging their own game.

Yeah dont you know that you should have revived a thread that AVS suggests when you type in a title for the thread that hasnt been posted in in over 2 years? How dare you start a thread all by yourself without super moderator benji's permission. Oh wait hes not a mod, carry on good find and thread

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
My buddy The Almighty has created this cheat, for he is the Creator, IW has no choice in the matter

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper /forum/post/16920243

*Conspiracy Theory*

Is there any chance Infinity Ward allowed this hack so it would ruin online play for COD4 and everyone would finally stop playing it and actually buy MW2?

Absolutely not. IW has absolutely nothing to gain from this, it hurts their old game and hurts their brand.

The most likely explanation is that IW is working full bore on MW2 at this point. All their programmers are working on that game. To fix this, they'd have to move people away from MW2 to MW1. The programmer has to look at the (old) code and figure out whats going on. Then work on possible fixes.

Then, testers need to go and work on it to make sure it doesn't break anything else. If it does, then the programmer has to go and fix that. Then the testers have to come back. Then it has to go to MS and Sony for approval.

Every second spent working on this 2 year old game is a second not spent getting the new game finished. Its up to IW's managers to make that call based on the data they have.

A lot of videogame fans have this idea that "fixing bugs" is as simple as opening up Visual C++, changing a few lines, then shipping it out. And if a game ships with bugs its because the developers were stupid and lazy and just wanted to sell more DLC.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phipp01 /forum/post/16920357

Yeah dont you know that you should have revived a thread that AVS suggests when you type in a title for the thread that hasnt been posted in in over 2 years? How dare you start a thread all by yourself without super moderator benji's permission. Oh wait hes not a mod, carry on good find and thread

did you parents not show you enough affection as a child... it was just a suggestion, to make things better here you go..

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2340/...10b989773c.jpg

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
The second video shows you how.

It sounds like they left the debug mode open and anyone with a thumb drive can muck around with one of the configuration files and enable the debug mode.

All that really needs to be fixed is to disable debug mode. Or, provide better encryption of the save file.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm kind of curious what kind of hacks are going on. I've always played CoD on the 360. How bad is it and how long's it been that way?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Not really a hack but found a loophole on how to access the developer tools.

It's basically a saved game with the option to toggle 'ufomode' on or off which

basically give them a free roaming. They can't shoot while flying nor can be shot.

This will be easily patched in 2-3 days.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by like.no.other. /forum/post/16924351

Not really a hack but found a loophole on how to access the developer tools.

It's basically a saved game with the option to toggle 'ufomode' on or off which

basically give them a free roaming. They can't shoot while flying nor can be shot.

This will be easily patched in 2-3 days.

Pretty sure you can however fly to an area off map and leave the bomb, sabotage, or fly to an otherwise inaccessible area land then shoot. I played a few days ago with 5-6 guys doing it.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* /forum/post/16925064

Pretty sure you can however fly to an area off map and leave the bomb, sabotage, or fly to an otherwise inaccessible area land then shoot. I played a few days ago with 5-6 guys doing it.

Why do people continue playing this game knowing this hack/exploit is out there and pretty much everyone is using it???

I'm playing Killzone2 exclusively until this issue gets resolved.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/16920904

A lot of videogame fans have this idea that "fixing bugs" is as simple as opening up Visual C++, changing a few lines, then shipping it out. And if a game ships with bugs its because the developers were stupid and lazy and just wanted to sell more DLC.

And it's not just videogame fans....If I had a dollar for everytime someone poked their head in my office/sent me an email with some bizarre program behavior and expected a fix in 5 minutes I'd be a (slightly) wealthier man.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts