1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Looks good. Looking forward to this.

·
UHD Addict
38,994 Posts
Man.... I'm am just a sucker for these Call of Duty Games. No matter what I say I always seem to end up giving them $100 each year for the game and season passes. I'm sure BLOPsIII will be no different.

·
Registered
601 Posts
BO3 looks awful. it looks so bland and boring. we should go to Vietnam, WW2, Korea, or make up some conflict from the past 75 years. this game looks like a combination of titanfall and destiny without any of the good parts. i have always been positive about new cod games but this one i cant seem to warm up to. i see nothing that makes me say WOW i cant wait to buy this game.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
BO3 looks awful. it looks so bland and boring. we should go to Vietnam, WW2, Korea, or make up some conflict from the past 75 years. this game looks like a combination of titanfall and destiny without any of the good parts. i have always been positive about new cod games but this one i cant seem to warm up to. i see nothing that makes me say WOW i cant wait to buy this game.

Agreed, I have watched a few PS4 beta games on Twitch, and after watching a guy wall-run, the first thing I thought was Titanfall. (which I loved...BTW)

I am usually the opposite about COD...Have hated the series since MW2. I did buy AW, and have enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Not sure if I'll rent to see if it pans out for me, but definitely not a day one buy.

·
UHD Addict
38,994 Posts
I think it's growing on me. It will be nice to try it on the XBOne next week. I really don't like playing CoD on the PS4 with the D-pad above the left thumbstick. It's a more natural movement for me to move my thumb down like on the XBOne controller. But otherwise I've played 15 or so matches of it on the PS4 and I like it more now than i did initially.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I think it's growing on me. It will be nice to try it on the XBOne next week. I really don't like playing CoD on the PS4 with the D-pad above the left thumbstick. It's a more natural movement for me to move my thumb down like on the XBOne controller. But otherwise I've played 15 or so matches of it on the PS4 and I like it more now than i did initially.
How much are you hitting the d-pad? Sheesh I barely touch it. Its only more natural if that's what you're used to doing. Neither is more natural. This isn't the same "natural" as in a preference for inverted vertical controls as tilting your neck down causes your head to look up and vice-versa.

·
UHD Addict
38,994 Posts
How much are you hitting the d-pad? Sheesh I barely touch it. Its only more natural if that's what you're used to doing. Neither is more natural. This isn't the same "natural" as in a preference for inverted vertical controls as tilting your neck down causes your head to look up and vice-versa.
The D-pad is used for the score streaks. So it is used a bunch of times during every match.

Last night I spent a few minutes comparing the PS4 and XBOne controller and me accessing the D-Pad. For me, my left thumb moves easier down to the D-pad than up. But it also has to do with the design of the controller too. The PS4 controller has the D-Pad buttons set differently than the XBOne controller.(or is the stick higher on the PS4 controller too?) So my thumb has to move more when going back and forth. Then add the fact that I've been playing CoD on Xbox for ten years, so I am also more used to those left thumb movements with CoD going down to the D-Pad.

As far as inverted. I never understood why that was never the norm. Just like when controlling an old air plane if the stick moved forward you went down. Backward and it went up. So to me, for decades, it has always been unnatural to move a stick forward and have it go up. I can't play any game that way because it never made sense to me since it goes backwards from what it should be.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Would like a code if anyone has one. I shared two on the PS4 side so I'm hoping Karma makes its way back to me on here. I mostly would like to see how it shakes out playing a twitchy shooter over Xbox streaming to Win10.

I'm assuming they are giving out 3 codes like they did before.

·
UHD Addict
38,994 Posts
Would like a code if anyone has one. I shared two on the PS4 side so I'm hoping Karma makes its way back to me on here. I mostly would like to see how it shakes out playing a twitchy shooter over Xbox streaming to Win10.

I'm assuming they are giving out 3 codes like they did before.
The streaming worked well when I tested it. I had no problem playing Advanced Warfare when it was being streamed to a Desktop PC.

·
UHD Addict
38,994 Posts
I just received a link, in an XBL message, to purchase the Black OPs 3 Beta for zero dollars. It's downloading now to my primary XBOne.

I did the digital pre-order so I guess they don't give the beta codes for that.

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
Finally got a chance to try it (on PC). Love everything about it so far, the movement is just right....a few new options, nothing crazy like titanfall or frantic like advanced warfare. Feels good, sounds good, looks great, plays butter smooth, everything seems pretty well balanced. Can't find anything to complain about, can't wait for the real deal.

I've got two beta keys for steam if anyone wants em.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I just received a link, in an XBL message, to purchase the Black OPs 3 Beta for zero dollars. It's downloading now to my primary XBOne.

I did the digital pre-order so I guess they don't give the beta codes for that.
Can you cancel the preorder after? I dont know how preorders really work using digital methods, i never preorder but on the ps4 they took it as a binding contract, and extracted money from my account like i just bought an available game, had to call customer service to get a refund, i dont know if thats the case with xbox one. I am still on the fence about the game and I would rather not go through a difficult cancellation process again if i cannot cancel.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Finally got a chance to try it (on PC). Love everything about it so far, the movement is just right....a few new options, nothing crazy like titanfall or frantic like advanced warfare. Feels good, sounds good, looks great, plays butter smooth, everything seems pretty well balanced. Can't find anything to complain about, can't wait for the real deal.

I've got two beta keys for steam if anyone wants em.
Hey bud I'll take a Steam key if you still have one? Thanks.

·
UHD Addict
38,994 Posts
Can you cancel the preorder after? I dont know how preorders really work using digital methods, i never preorder but on the ps4 they took it as a binding contract, and extracted money from my account like i just bought an available game, had to call customer service to get a refund, i dont know if thats the case with xbox one. I am still on the fence about the game and I would rather not go through a difficult cancellation process again if i cannot cancel.
It's the same with the XBOne. You can't cancel the digital order from the XBL store. For a pre-order you want to cancel, Amazon was the easiest for me. That is what I did for the PS4 version. Since they don't charge you anything until it ships. So I cancelled the BLOPS3 pre-order for the PS4 a couple of days after the beta started.

They have already announced that the beta for BLOPS3 on the XBOne will be open to everyone starting on the 28th. So if you wait until Friday you'll be able to try it out without doing a pre-order.

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
Hey bud I'll take a Steam key if you still have one? Thanks.

Sure thing, I'll send it over when I get home later tonight. It's a steam inventory so I can't just send a code. :(

1 - 20 of 135 Posts