AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea if these games will be widescreen for Xbox? These look like two games I would like - if they are widescreen, I'll start saving some money.

· Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
Well like I said barring no major last minute bugs. I was told not to say it was a feature that will be in the final for sure, but it is currently in the build and the game is due out in just a few weeks. There is a possibility that it oculd get removed at the last second but it's looking less likely at this point given how close it has to be to being final. I just played it a last week at an Activision event. I don't post here much because there isn't a lot of discussion on upcoming games. If you head over to places like GameFAQs or HDTV Arcade, you will see I've contributed over there with advance info on such games like X-Men Legends, Tony Hawk Underground 2 and the upcoming Call of Duty. I work in the industry and Activision is one of the companies I work with on a constant basis and as a result I have access to some of their games in advance. They should be sending me a final build of CoD within the next two weeks.

· Registered
8,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fluffhead
pwned
Oh sorry I was looking for AVS, did not mean to stumble into the Gamespot forums...

· Registered
9,727 Posts
I'm sorry Darknight, I didn't realize you "worked in the industry." You've just proved yourself on this forum, despite your 11 posts. My cynicism doesn't come from the fact that the REVIEW copies of ESPN NFL 2k3 had 720p and people swore up and down that the retail did 720p and the box said 720p but then the GAME ONLY DID 480P while Sega chuckled and said "suckers!"

And cleaning the toilets at Activision doesn't make you industry.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Why are we just assuming someone is lying? I'll take Darknight's comment with a grain of salt, but if he is correct, then all these antics will do is alienate someone who could be a valued member of the forum. I like this forum b/c it doesn't have the name calling and childlike behavior of every other gaming forum, and I hope we don't de-evolve into that.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
Nothru: Why are you being such an ass about the situation? What kind of proof would it take for you to believe I'm not some "janitor". It took some time on the GameFAQs forum but they eventually believed it after I supplied proof.

Maybe these two images will help:

http://img99.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img99...eview-copy.jpg
http://img99.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img99&image=cod-bag.jpg

You're also mistaken about ESPN NFL 2K5. It never had 720p nor did anyone ever think it did. The box doesn't even say it. The previous verisons were never 720p either. What was in question was if ESPN NBA 2K5 would have 720p because previous years had it. On the box it clearly says 480p on it and I don't recall anyone ever saying they were playing it in 720p to begin with. It was pure speculation, and rarely are review copies not final builds. If it was a final build there is no way it would have a feature in it not found in the retail version. Now a beta build maybe, but not a reviewable.

Now I'm not saying Call of Duty will be 720p for sure in the final. It most likely will be because it was in the version that I was playing. Granted the version I was playing wasn't final as it crashed in quite a few spots. I will be able to confirm it when I get a final build which should be sometime in early November. It's usually a week or two before release. I'm simply staying it is widescreen, and most likely 720p because it was in the version I played. But they also specifically said, don't quote that as a final feature because anything could happen at the last second that could remove it since it's not a priority for a final build.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
I'm not getting upset over you doubting me, but your attitude is sort of annoying. Look at Squicken. He doubts me, but his comments are civil rather than pulling an attitude or sarcasm about it. And again, I asked what would it take for proof. I submitted two pictures and you didn't even comment on them. I'll be glad to take a screenshot of Call of Duty once I get the final build in my hand, but is there anything else in the meantime? I mean where else would I be getting a Call of Duty Finest Hour bag. It's not like they sell them or are giving them out for preorders.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.