AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the 3.7 update the other day and would love to use the caller id, but I was wondering what exactly do they mean by a wireless phone jack (i.e. it won't work with one).

We don't have a phone jack near the receivers, so we have one of those RCA things that you plug into an outlet and it carries the phone over the powerlines. I assume that is what they mean by a wireless jack?

Reason I'm asking is because it would be fairly simple for me to run a hardwired connection to the family room. BUT, we also have one of those phone systems where we have a single base connected to a phone line, and then several cordless phones that work off that base.

I just want to make sure it's not those cordless phones that would interfere, before I go through the trouble of running a new phone line.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would test your setup first to see if UltimateTV caller id works with the phone wiring in your house before going to the expense of wiring something permanent. The Caller ID troubleshooting in the built in help says that it is more sensitive to noisy phone lines than dedicated caller id devices and that it may not work in rare circumstances.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.