AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have built my new htpc using amds new card the 6850. I connect it directly to my sony es5200 amp which is really old now and i only get video. The drivers on the htpc are correct in windows it displays hdmi 7.1 dts. So basically my amp wont do audio from my htpc just video. I started this thread so we can have a list of amps that work with htpcs connected directly from graphics card hdmi to amp hdmi and pass full 7.1 audio like they are advertised to do. So can you please list your htpc graphics card and amp only if you hook it up via hdmi. Not interested in using optical. Ill get the ball rolling. Asus maximus gene 3 mobo ,core i5, saphire 6850, win 7 64bit, sony es3200. Does not! Pass audio and video

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sony STR DA3200ES receiver has no problem with sound from HDMI from an HTPC.

I have mine connected with my HTPC with a Radeon HD6870 card without any problem. LPCM sound is send from the HTPC to the receiver with no problems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry i have the 5200es its about 5 years old now. One of the first amps to implement hdmi...

Can you run through any settings you mucked around with to get it to work? Did you install 10.10e hotfix or are you running 10.11 ccc ?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Looking through the manual for your amp there's no obvious reason why an HDMI connection from an HTPC shouldn't output the audio stream. A couple of things you might want to try:

In Audio Settings:

1) Decode Priority - Try both the Auto and PCM setting.

2) HDMI Audio - Make sure it is set to Amp.

Does the HDMI indicator to which your HTPC is connected (1, 2, or 3) light up on the receiver?

Is the Speakers switch on the amp set to the proper position?

Is the listening mode set to A.F.D. Auto?

Do you have another HDMI cable to try out?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micromain /forum/post/19570778

Looking through the manual for your amp there's no obvious reason why an HDMI connection from an HTPC shouldn't output the audio stream. A couple of things you might want to try:

In Audio Settings:

1) Decode Priority - Try both the Auto and PCM setting.

2) HDMI Audio - Make sure it is set to Amp.

Does the HDMI indicator to which your HTPC is connected (1, 2, or 3) light up on the receiver?

Is the Speakers switch on the amp set to the proper position?

Is the listening mode set to A.F.D. Auto?

Do you have another HDMI cable to try out?

Tryed both auto and pcm no joy.

Always been set to AMP

Speakers set in correct position works fine with other devices over hdmi ,bluray player and ps3

Yes the listening mode is set to A.F.D Auto

No the hdmi indicator on the avr screen is blank!

It says input -

When i use the ps3 it says input - hdmi 3

So what now?

·
Registered
389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serotonin /forum/post/19571173

Tryed both auto and pcm no joy.

Always been set to AMP

Speakers set in correct position works fine with other devices over hdmi ,bluray player and ps3

Yes the listening mode is set to A.F.D Auto

No the hdmi indicator on the avr screen is blank!

It says input -

When i use the ps3 it says input - hdmi 3

So what now?

Some other things you might want to try, if you haven't already:

A different HDMI cable.

A different HDMI port on the receiver.

Plug the cable directly into the TV to see if you get sound.

Possibly an EDID override is needed for that receiver?

Since the receiver works with your PS3 and BD player there's no reason it shouldn't also work with the HTPC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts