AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of Marquee's. One is a 7500 (8110 to you) the other is an 8000. One has no HT and the other works fine (at least I am told it does but I wont have it in my workshop for 7 days or so).

I was planning on swapping the boards between the working and non-working unit to locate faulty board (and then carry out repair). So, is this going to work, are the boards in 8000 and 7500 swappable? If not how about 7500 and 8500 as I know where there's a working 8500 I can probably get boards from.

Or last resort. Are tubes the same in the 7500 and 8000 as the dead unit has new tubes with about 50hrs wear on them!

Gordon

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Hi Gordon, I may not be the person you were looking for, but let me tell you what I have recently done. I can't help with the M8000...seems like I have read that they do sometimes have different components.

However, assuming that they are in fact the same (the M7500 and the 8110), I have recently taken all the parts from an 8500 (CLM, stig board, HDM) and installed them into my 8110. I also have the neck boards from an Ultra that are working fine. So my 8110 has now grown up.

I'm sure one of the other guys will tell you more about the 8000, but I can vouch for the 8500/8110 interchangability anyway :)

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jay thanks!

Now, anyone want to give me the lowdown on the M8000's?

Gordon

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Gordon,

the 8110 and the 8000 are basically the same. The 8110 is an upgrade to the 8000, however there are a few changes between the two, but nothing that would do any harm or damage if they are interchanged between the two.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

Most newer boards will function in earlier chassis; some earlier boards are keyed differently and are not compatible in newer Marquees; the tubes are identical.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bow down before you!

Cheers guys. EXPECT MORE QUESTIONS

Gordon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.