AVS Forum banner

45961 - 45980 of 46020 Posts

·
Registered
Samsung Q9FN75, Marantz NR1609, Polk RTI LCR and Surrounds
170 Posts
Would the LSiM 707s be overkill for a 15x12 foot room? 705's better suited? And the most important question, Cherry or Mohagany? Really like that cherry look but just get the feeling it might be too bright

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Would the LSiM 707s be overkill for a 15x12 foot room? 705's better suited? And the most important question, Cherry or Mohagany? Really like that cherry look but just get the feeling it might be too bright
Well I have the 707,706 and 702 in room 21 by 11 and my 706 is Cherry and 707 are mahogany. They ran out of mahogany. I love the sound and colors not matching is fine. The 705s will work fine if you want to save a few bucks. They might be a bit shorter and put your ears closer to tweeter which is a good thing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Where are you finding them, nowadays?

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
And way higher than the previous prices, I see. That’s a shame. I really wish I could buy an LCR set of 707 and 706c for a reasonable price.
Keep checking daily on Adorama site. I just got my LSIM 702s on sale last month for the legendary price everyone mentioned.Took me 6 months of waiting and watching.Set up a deals alert for it on Slickdeals website.Thats the site that got me the entire line of LSIM speakers at amazing sale price but it took a while.

·
Registered
906 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Keep checking daily on Adorama site. I just got my LSIM 702s on sale last month for the legendary price everyone mentioned.Took me 6 months of waiting and watching.Set up a deals alert for it on Slickdeals website.Thats the site that got me the entire line of LSIM speakers at amazing sale price but it took a while.
LSiM 707s are said to be completely gone at Adorama. Please tell me if I’m wrong...

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Maybe gone for now but still worth keeping an eye on the store.

·
Registered
477 Posts
And way higher than the previous prices, I see. That’s a shame. I really wish I could buy an LCR set of 707 and 706c for a reasonable price.
The prices on amazon are half off which is not bad and is consistent with what the friends and family sale from Polk has normally been.

If you are holding out hope for a 70% Adorama discount those days are probably long gone. The LSiM line has been discontinued so once all of the remaining stock is gone it's not likely getting replenished.

I too wanted a set of 707's but was unable to find any left in midnight mahogany. It's the same story with the 703 bookshelf speakers. The only (greater than 50% off) sale I caught was the Adorama closeout sale on the 702 surround speakers.

Despite that I am happy with the LSiM system I ended up with. My enjoyment continues to grow as the speakers are breaking in and sounding even better.

Reactions: yanks1

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just got the LSiM 702s on sale last month with Adorama as well. However that was only because I could not find the LSiM 703 bookshelf speakers in midnight mahogany. I have always preferred using bookshelf speakers as surrounds but the 702s are growing on me.

Since the LSiM series is now discontinued what's currently left might be it so I did not want to miss out on owning them to wait for a better sale that might not come. I bought my LSiM 705, 706c, and 702 around the same time. It replaced my Polk RTI8, CSI5, and RTI4 setup.

I also replaced my Polk Monitor 60, CS1, Polk PSW505 sub, etc setup with the Infinity Reference series and SVS SB-2000 subs. It's been an expensive July/August for me. However if everything stays in working order I should be done with home audio upgrades for a while.

·
Registered
906 Posts

·
Registered
Samsung Q9FN75, Marantz NR1609, Polk RTI LCR and Surrounds
170 Posts
Another question, if I just go ahead and get the Legends L600 (with atmos modules) and center, is mixing the LSiM FX surrounds with those fine? Those FX surrounds are perfect for the room I am in and the legend bookshelves wouldn't work as well

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got Polk S55s, amazing towers for the money. I bought them for 44k INR (~$600), slightly on the higher side than my budget, but I am extremely happy with what they have to offer.

Here is a quick review I did on them when I bought:

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are remodeling our livingroom and wanted to place 2 speakers in ceiling for music and 2 channel TV watching. We're considering the Polk RC8i speakers placed a little forward of seating position. Maybe powered by a Sprout 100. Will be a bit different than my RT55's and PS140. Those will be going in the yet unbuilt sound room downstairs (I hope). We did not want to screw around with surround sound again and have speakers mounted all over. Trying to keep it simple. Ceiling is vaulted down center. Any suggestions or different amp choices. Amp needs to be small depth wise.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

45961 - 45980 of 46020 Posts